Chapter 14: Dirty little secret?

Start from the beginning

"Okay.... I've known Aurelia since max and I came to Amity nearly over 2 months ago, where I first met her, and I haven't been able to get her out of my mind since, I tried to forget about her and I nearly succeeded, until she came to dauntless, and not even 2 days in and I couldn't keep my hands off her again..."

"Wait again, how many times have you been screwing each other?" Max asks, clearly displeased.

".... The first time was back in amity, on the night of the treehugger concert, in the stables, since then I've only slept with her twice, the first time about 6 weeks ago, and last night, that's all" I tell them and everyone is quiet.

"It's about time someone melted you brains, I hope to meet her" Victoria finally says breaking the silence.
"You do know that she's an initiate right? what if people think it's favouritism?" Four asks and I can barely stop myself from lunging at him.
"Do you think that if I was favouring her that I would be easy on her, I've rarely been to the transfers sessions, and when I do, I'm just as hard in her as I'm on everyone else, get your head out of your ass four" I spit at him and he steps forward before max steps in front of us.

"Enough the both of you, Eric, since you are claiming that your not showing favouritism to Aurelia, we'll believe you, but from now on after this you'll need to keep your distance or stand down as the leader overseeing the initiates" max says and I know his word is final.

"All right, I'll stand down from the transfers, I'll work with the dauntless born instead, Victoria can watch the transfers, but.... If Aurelia or any of them come to me with anything I will still act" I negotiate with max, and both he and Victoria look at each other before nodding, "we accept your conditions, but just to be safe Eric, keep whatever is going on between you and her on the down low until she passes, okay?" Victoria asks and I nod.

"Of course Victoria, you know how I am" I smirk at her just as the door knocks and the other stiff come in.
"I'm sorry for interrupting but the doctor just come out and he wants to speak with you" she says before leaving the room, we all look at each other before I make my way for the door, "well, let's go see what the prognosis is" I might sound confident but inside I'm dreading the news, and nervousness runs inside me.

I walk out of the room and back to the entrance where I see the doctor waiting with Aurelia's mothers who looks concerned, I make my way towards them, "what's the news?" I ask impatiently and the doctor looks at me, Diana says something quietly to him and he smiles at me " ahh you must be Eric, leader of dauntless, and mate of Aurelia" he says and my throat constricts.

Max, Victoria and Four look awkward as well as Tris and Christina, the other looked shocked, Diana looks calm, "now if you'll please just step into my office.... " He doesn't get to finish his sentence as a nurse comes out of the room and clears her throat.
"Excuse me doctor, but Aurelia is awake now" her tag says Star, typical amity name, with a typical amity smile on her face.

"Well then even better, Eric would you like to come in, I believe that what I've found is what you both would like to hear together." He says cheerfully and my senses start to go on high alert. What is going on? He looks at me and signals me to enter the room and I enter to see her lying on a bed looking at peace but when she sees me she looks at me with a sleepy smile, the doctor then walks in soon after with paperwork in his hand and closes the door.

"Now sir, if you would like to take a seat, I'll explain my findings to the both of you" he explains and I take the seat next to her bed and grab her hand, nervous of what I might be told.

"Okay, after completing my examination, I've found that Aurelia is.........."

.....................................................................................................................................................................