Ep. 3.10 (R) - Yes 'Cause I Be Trippin'

En başından başla

So, the boys sit there, helpless and unable to move, just hoping the wolf eventually finds the raven demon carcass far more appealing than them.

But the wolf keeps moving forward. And when it finally reaches them, it lowers its head close to Aidan's...

...and aggressively pushes its nose into Aidan's face 

...and then sniffs him.

Visibly trembling, Aidan closes his eyes, and with demon dog snot running down the side of his face, he fights the urge to let out a profound 'Yuck!'"

Standing beside him, perfectly still, Farid racks his brain for something he can do. Then, without moving his head, he sweeps his gaze over the grass looking for anything he can use as a defense or possibly as a weapon.

But when he hears Aidan whimper, he carefully turns to see that, surprisingly, the wolf doesn't look like it wants to attack them.

Instead, it lowers its muzzle and gives Aidan another sniff behind both ears, then nudges Aidan's head against its own.

Aidan cowers as the wolf whips out its enormous tongue, leans in, and licks Aidan's hair, then his ears, and then his face.

Suddenly, another rustling sound comes from deep within the woods, and the giant silver wolf lifts its nose high into the air. It catches the scent of something far more intriguing than the boys and suddenly turns and saunters gamely back into the forest.

After a long, tense moment, Aidan tries his best to stop trembling while Farid collapses onto the grass, scrubs his hands over his face, and breathes out a huge sigh of relief.

He cracks an eye open and asks Aidan. "Is it gone? Is it really gone?"

"Yeah, it's gone." Aidan says, his teeth still chattering.

"Damn! That was a close one," Farid mutters as he drags himself up into a sitting position.

"Yeah, I'm not exactly sure what just happened here," Aidan says, his voice high-pitched and cracking, "but I've gotta get back to the tent, right now, because I'm about to piss in my pants!"

And without waiting for Farid, Aidan races, like a bat out of hell, straight to the safety of their yurt.

*****

Farid drags himself into the tent and gives Patrick who, now fully awake and pulling on a t-shirt, watches as Farid heads straight for his bed.

"Where's Aidan?" Farid asks. "He took off so fast, I couldn't keep up."

"He came tearing in here like a lunatic," Patrick says, "babbling something about demon dogs and giant birds? Then he grabbed a towel and headed for the shower. Saying he had to wipe the slime off. What the hell happened to you two out there?"

"We were attacked," Farid tells him.

"By a demon?" Patrick asks, surprised. He wouldn't expect them to encounter a demon within the confines of a Shifter compound.

"By two demons, in fact," Farid says as he winces taking off his jacket.

"Oh, damn!" Patrick replies.

"Yeah..." Farid adds, carefully peeling the shirt away from his scratched up back while trying to hide his pained expression.

Suddenly, Aidan walks in, with a towel wrapped around his waist and another one sitting like a turban on his head. "Did you tell him? Did you tell him everything that happened tonight?" Aidan asks Farid, pointing to Patrick with his chin.

Farid groans out a "No" as he struggles to find a way to situate his body comfortably on the bed.

Aidan sits on the edge of his own bed, then bends over to unwrap the towel from his head. He pops back up and, while vigorously rubbing his hair, takes on the task of telling Patrick the rest of the tale.