[Chapter III] | Fresh Developments

The current time of day was noon.

All in all, everything had seemed the same at this school. Right after the entrance ceremony and the introductions they did in class, they were all left to their own free time.

Once they had been given general information about the campus, just as their homeroom teacher did, the students were released and were on their merry way. About eighty percent of the first year student body had gone to the dormitories, checking out the new home they would now have to be familiar with for the next three years.

Whatever remaining students left quickly began to form their own groups. Those within their cliques would head to the café, the louder ones heading down to karaoke, and others heading down to the mall or just mingling around in the school's courtyard. For Asahi, he went on down to the gymnasium as he heard there was a club fair going on. He figured that he would at least check it out, and he did enjoy the sport. But then again, he remembered a small memory on the final day of his middle school years. He and four others had gathered in their soon to be former gym and gathered in the center, standing across from each other as they knew that they would now be enemies instead of teammates if they met again on the court. And then they would find out who was the most skilled and best one out of all of them.

That was the oath they had made with each other.

Honestly, he was quite elated and a little excited just thinking about it. He was quite eager to prove himself that he was the best one out of all of them. He considered himself absolute, therefore, he was right in everything. All the other members had respected him, but also feared him. After all, he was also their former captain.

Walking along the concrete path and heading toward the covered gymnasium, he pushed the double metal doors aside and was greeted with the sight of many congregating students. Second and third year students could be seen sitting behind booths and tables, paper signs posted on the front with writing on it to display the club they were in. He was amazed at the amount of clubs there were. There was archery, art, literature, soccer, swimming, all kinds of booths that held the interests of activities for the many students attending campus. Briskly and cruising down the aisle of tables, brushing past the arms and shoulders of the sea of students trying to get from one table to another, he stopped at the desired table he was looking for.

His maroon red eyes scanned the second and third year that were posted at the booth. The second year on the left looked quite bored, medium long dirty blonde hair with a few bangs that covered his face, being pushed up by his breath as he leaned his head against his palm. The third year student on the right had quite the tall and muscular build, his hair shaved and giving the boy next to him a disapproving glance.

"Hey, Miyaji, look pleasant, will ya? How else are we supposed to attract new members if you're going to be sittin' there with a stupid face like that."

The dirty blonde-haired boy, Miyaji, scowled, "Shut up, idiot. They'll come and go. A lot of them will just end up dropping out on the first day of tryouts."

A tick mark appeared on the third year's head. "That's 'captain' to you, Miyaji!"

"Ow! Senpai, the hell was that for!?"

"Show your seniors some damn respect, Miyaji! God damn, idiot."

Asahi then made himself known, "Excuse me. Is this the basketball club?"

"Huh?"

The two looked at the red-haired teen. Miyaji recoiled, a bit freaked out and surprised by Asahi's sudden appearance, but also getting an intimidating aura from him. The third year, however, simply raised his eyebrows at him, scanning him up and down before meeting his eyes once more. He simply let out a small grin.