True Feelings

"You won't have it, will you? But I'll tell you that. . . You were my only friend."

"I'm still your friend."

"You won't be after you hear this. It's not just about me being from the Dark Realm. . ."

"Then what is it? Are you some sorta secret villain?" I didn't know if she was joking or serious.

"Jackpot. I am a rebel." I claimed. Well, it was sorta true.

"Being a rebel and a villain has a lotta difference, ya know. And I know you're different from others."

"I'm not different from others." I stated blankly. "I manipulate people, you're nothing but a test subject. A mere puppet. You're a vessel for me, a vessel which grants me power. An unlimited supply."

"You're not sounding funny." She snapped with a frown.

"I'm not trying to. You should know who you're up against."

"You're not the Jayden I know, what's wrong with you?"

I was getting annoyed at this point. Why was she so naive?

"You can let go of my shoulder, it hurts." She said uncomfortably.

"Oh, I didn't realize that. . ." I mumbled. I was about to let go, but then something inside told me not to. "No, I can't. You might run away. I want you to stay. Stay here and listen to my story."

What? Why did I say that? That wasn't like me to say something so... Absurd and embarrassing.

Ayako just blushed and sighed. "Fine, I was curious about you anyway. Now tell me, why're you fighting the people of Dark Realm if you belong from there? And what's up with your name?"

I loosened the grip of my hands. I looked away, thinking about my past made me sick. But again, wasn't it me who wanted her to listen to my story?

"I was a test subject from the Dark Realm. They had tortured me, and many others like me, but ultimately I was the best. Soon I discovered I was powerful, and I wished to escape. . ." I stopped to look at Ayako's expression. It was a curious one. She wasn't judging me.

"Uh. . . You get it till here? Should I continue or--"

"Go on." She said blankly. I blushed.

What's up with her? Why's she so. . . Different?

"I said go on." She commanded.

"Uh, yeah so. . ." I told her the whole story patiently, including how I used her 'Love' for my own selfish reasons.

                              ---

"I understand. Your story is tragic, indeed. I wish to help you, but I'm too weak." Ayako stated. I could see a hint of sadness on her face.

"You're not weak. I am here because of you."

I noticed she was gazing at me curiously. I blushed yet again.

(Ayako's POV)

Why is he such a blushing mess all of a sudden today?

"I have one question, though. Why do you wish to conquer the whole world, when only the people of Dark Realm have tortured you?" I asked him as a matter of fact.

"It's true, it has been my wish to take revenge since I was little. But the truth is. . . Dark Realm isn't the only Realm which is bad. There are other realms, where you will find people like me who have been tortured their whole lives." He  replied.

"Oh. . . I never knew reality could be so harsh. Guess I'm just not mature yet." I said, but then I suddenly realized, "A-Are you gonna destroy all the realms? I mean, slaughter it?" I asked, a little too worried.

"I'm afraid I'd have to do that." He replied.

"But. . . Isn't there any other way?"

"Not yet."

I fell silent as I realized what this meant. People would have to die. Many, many innocent lives would be taken unfairly.

"By the way, Ayako. I've always wanted to rule. You helped make my dream come true." He said sincerely.

"I bet you did, but I also bet you didn't want to do it if it involved the slaughter of innocents and your loved ones."

"Uh. . ."

"I also bet you wouldn't feel like doing it, even if you get a chance right now. You're just forcing yourself because you're making yourself believe that you want to do it and it will bring you happiness. But in reality, no you're not. You're feeding yourself lies, Jayden."

"What are you going on abou--"

"I'm not done yet. I bet it even broke your heart when you first started this plan of yours. Lying and deceiving. . . It's not all that easy. You must've--"

"Just shut up, Ayako!" He yelled, his voice as sharp as a dagger. He had never been so mad at me before. I was about to apologize but that's when I noticed. . .

"Jayden? Are you alright? Why are you. . . You're crying!?"

Tears fell from his eyes to the ground. Before I knew it, I was calming him down and wiping off his tears.

What did I just do? Did I speak too much? Did I. . . cross my limits?

My throat went dry as guilt took over me.

"I'm. . . I'm so. . . I'm sorry--"

He pulled me into a tight hug before I could finish. I couldn't breathe. I hugged him back, trying my best to console him.I had never seen him so distraught, so heartbroken.

"I'm sorry, did I say too much?" I said in a soothing, yet guilty voice.

"No. . ." He sobbed slightly. "Thank you, Ayako. I guess I had been keeping my emotions hidden for a long time. I needed this." He smiled. And yes, it was a real one. I smiled back at him. This wasn't fake love, he really wasn't acting this time.

 This wasn't fake love, he really wasn't acting this time

My body felt snug, but my heart was warming up. I could feel his heart pumping fast, the heat radiating from his body. With a jerk, he suddenly let go.

"I. . . Excuse me, I didn't mean to--"

"It's okay, Jay. I understand. You really love me, don't you?" I gave him a soft smile. Without giving him a chance to reply, I continued, "You really don't have to force yourself to do this. I bet you can rule without genocide."

Jayden slowly raised his head. He gently got ahold of my chin and made eye contact with me.

"I'm sorry Ayako. . . But it's too late."