8 🏝

The humid, forest air smells the same, but feels different, with more death. The buildings are covered with even more vines and rust. Half of them are one with the forest floor where nature overtook its place. The evidence of the struggle between the humans and raptors is barely evident even with the noon sun, aside from the broken glass and shattered roof tiles.

Bella's fingers clench around the device, and veins on her face and neck pop out on the skin. Archer and Levi smell the change in her emotion, both take a few steps back to give her needed space. Tears form on the brim of her eyes as frustration surges through her.

She is still stuck on that goddamned island, only now, five years into the future. How will the three of them go home if she has no idea what she needs to do? She found the missing button, and that didn't work. She has no manual of sorts, and she is scared to use the other buttons, in fear of going even further into the past.

The hybrids watch as she goes down on her knees, falling forward on her hands and elbows. Her body shakes with her cries, and the salty smell of her tears floods the area around her. Archer's ticks increase alongside his human's negative feelings, his skin twitches, and his claw taps furiously against the ground. Levi approaches her with soft footsteps, leaning down on his hands and tucking his legs close to his body. His tail curls around them as he gently nuzzles his nose against her small body. A low, comforting rumbling comes from his chest.

He whines when her crying continues, feeling distressed he isn't helping her calm down. He might as well be clawing himself, it would feel the same, but at least his human wouldn't be in any pain.

The Indoraptor watches as his fellow hybrid does his best to comfort their human, but it doesn't work. He dislikes this, seeing her lost. He can't see her like this. It hurts him. His immense intelligence comes to bite on the butt during times like this. To avoid further distress to himself, he communicates to Levi his brief exit and leaves the two to their own devices.

The stench of death only increases the deeper he goes into the forest. There is also a new scent in the area ahead of him of something big, a scent he hasn't smelled before. He stops in his tracks and sniffs the air some more. The scent of the raptors is there, but faint. It seems the large predator pushed them away from their nest area. A growl rises in his throat as his distaste grows. If this new predator managed to push the large park of raptors away, it might be a threat to them.

However, it is doubtful it will be able to go against the Indominus at his full size alongside the Indoraptor. Nevertheless, anything bigger than their human is a threat and should be avoided or taken down at all costs. Making something large bleed and fall is something Archer aches to do. Maybe if he sets his eyes on the new predator, he can give it a shot.

He sees a large tree slightly up ahead, it is wider than the others, and much taller, being able to escape the thick canopy. The climb up the tree is easy for his claws sink into the bark, and his strong limbs easily carry him up the vertical climb. The equatorial sun blared down onto him, heating his black body up very quickly, bringing discomfort.

From on top of the tree, balancing himself on the thick branches closer to the trunk, he is able to see the vast green that covers the plains and large hills. He turns around and sees the sea, an endless amount of dark blue water, where on the other side is his home. Even being aware he will smell nothing, he sniffs in the direction his home is, craving for the scent of the farm, the hay where he sleeps, of Marshmallow, of the concentrated pit of scent from his human in her residence.

There were times he would just stick his head in an open window, to both keep an eye on Bella, but also to keep smelling her scent that was all over the building where she resided as it brought him much comfort. He also took great pleasure in scaring her sibling, the only male human he tolerated. He would purposely pretend to be asleep outside the front or back door when he heard Damon walk toward them. The male would always stop when he saw Archer seemingly sound asleep as if waiting for his sister to come out. As to not lose "trust", Archer would remain in his pretend sleep on some occasions, but when he was feeling more devious, he would wait until Damon crossed halfway past him to fake a lunge at him.