Chapter 21: All's Good?

Start from the beginning

"You lose, kuya." Sabrina made a face as she hooked arms with Tricia. 

"Come on, Sabrina. We were supposed to go to a cafe together but I think I'll go with you instead." Tricia grabbed Sabrina. 

"Ooh, nice. Bye, kuya!" Sabrina waved. 

"Hey! Wait up for me!" Jayden chased after the two giggling girls. 

~

"Trishie! Jaydie!" Kaela waved as hard as she could at the screen. 

"Hey cutie!" Tricia and Jayden both lit up at the little girl's waves. 

"I missed you guys..." Kaela pouted. 

"We miss you too..." Tricia pouted as well. 

"I heard you're going to kindergarten soon?" Jayden asked. 

"Uh huh! Sister says I'll get to go to school like the older kids!" Kaela nodded excitedly. 

"Someone's a big girl now!" Tricia smiled as Kaela showed off her new school uniform. 

"When are you guys coming to visit?" Kaela peered into the screen intently. 

"Uh..." Tricia and Jayden looked at each other. 

"Are you guys busy with work?" Kaela blinked. 

"Unfortunately yes..." Jayden nodded slowly, feeling guilty. 

"Oh..." Kaela's face fell slightly. 

"We'll try our best to squeeze time out during the holidays, okay?" Tricia tried to lift the mood. 

"You don't have to if you're busy..." Kaela gave the two a weak smile, betraying her words. 

"We'll be there before the year ends. Trish and I promise." Jayden assured. 

"Really?" Kaela lit up again. 

"Yes, cutie." Tricia smiled. 

"Kaela! You have to get ready for bed!" A voice called from behind Kaela. 

"I have to go..." Kaela sighed. 

"We'll find another time to call you soon, cutie. Have fun in school and make lots of friends?" Tricia asked of Kaela. 

"I will. Bye Trishie, bye Jaydie. I love you!" Kaela waved. 

"Love you too, cutie." Tricia and Jayden waved as Kaela ended the call.

"Shall we visit for Christmas?" Tricia and Jayden had the same thought in mind. 

"We could bring presents for Kaela and the children at the orphanage." Tricia laughed. 

"Literally what was on my mind." Jayden shook his head while chuckling. 

"Stop copying me." Tricia joked. 

"Stop copying me." Jayden repeated. 

"I hate you." Tricia protested. 

"I love you." Jayden gave Tricia a peck on the lip.