Kira scoffs “Surely with a dick that good, one must get addicted.”

“Okay. I’m leaving” I saunter to the library, not having the metabolism to have that conversation now or ever.

The blended smell of new and old books wafts my way as I step into the library. Darelle stands by the brown ladder, going through the books. Besides the arm chair and a table in the middle, the room is besieged with full wall shelves that hold thousands upon thousands of books. It took me days to stack them up but it was all worth it. When I’m not too busy I like to come in here to unwind. Best feeling ever.

“What’s up Zuri?” Darelle calls on, without inclining his head.

“How did you-?”

He abandons the book he was flipping and turns to me, a cute smile on his lips “I can feel you. Your enchanting scent also helps.”

“But you’re surrounded with the smell of books”

“Yours overpowers it. In a room filled with a thousand different perfumes I’ll always find you Zuri. It’s not just the scent, it’s the whole of you”

I place the food on the table “Well I brought you food. Kira came with it”

He slouches on the chair, “Have you eaten?”

“No I wanted to bring yours first” I explain.

He shakes his head, disapprovingly “Next time eat first. Okay?”

“Yes Thor” I tease.

A dangerous glint sparkles in his eyes “Careful, Kira might have to eat alone after all” he warns. I’m not completely sure she’d hate it as much. If anything, I’m the one who’d hate it because she’d taunt me to death.

“Okay I’m going. I’ll see you later?”

“Yeah see you. Try not to miss me too much?”

“You wish” I say, exiting the room.

I join Kira on the couch. She’s already started eating her food so I pick mine from the coffee table.

“Spill bitch. On a scale of six to ten, how big is his shlong?”

I narrow my eyes at her, almost choking on my food “I’m sorry what?”

“His dick? How big? How many rounds did you go? Not that I’d expect anything less from him.”

No hablo ingles”

She claps my arm “Come on K. Help a sister out. Is it true that once you go black you don’t go back? Kim Kardashian would say otherwise but you get the gist” She’s acting like I’ve never dated a black man before. I mean we didn’t go all the way but still.

I chuckle awkwardly “You know we’re not having this conversation right?”

“Just give me something, anything. Please” she begs, loudly.

“Okay fine. He is big a-” Kira jumps up excitedly, “How big?”

“Shut up!”

She pretends to zip her mouth, chewing slowly. “Yes ma’am”

“He is big and we went several rounds and in the bath tub too”

She sips her wine, crossing her jean trousered legs “Please, continue”

“That’s all. It was great”

“Oh come on!” she complains.

“Let’s talk about something else. Like you. How’s life?” I inquire, digging into my food.