18

"Kaianna!"

Finnick pulled her to her feet, his heart breaking at the empty look on her face, "Kaianna! We have to go!"

"Come on! Come on! Come on, let's go! Keep moving!" Gale's instructions brought Kaianna back into reality, allowing her teary eyes to finally meet Finnick's

"I'm so sorry," He choked out, wishing he had just a couple seconds to wrap his arms around the woman and give her the comfort she deserved, "but I can't do this without you ok? We have to go."

She nodded numbly, letting him drag her along behind him as he ran.

"Keep moving," Gale yelled, "keep moving!"

Kaianna let Finnick pull her along blindly, not putting much thought in to where she'd end up. She gasped at the sound of more gunshots. The squad picked up pace again, one more member being diminished into ashes when he stepped through a light beam.

"Come on Kai." Finnick encouraged quickly as he kept pulling the woman.

They dodged the beams left and right, some soldiers turning around to return fire at the peacekeepers as they raced through the train station. The ground crumbled behind them, revealing fast moving blades meant to add to the chaos. The destruction chased them angrily in a strong attempt to claim another life. Peeta, and Katniss threw themselves forward as the crumbling came to an end. Katniss rose to run back to the five soldiers waiting.

"Peeta come on," She rushed out. She stopped and turned around to find him curled up an still on the floor, "Peeta!"

Katniss raced towards the boy and grabbed him by the back of his vest, "Peeta, we have to keep going-"

"I'm a mutt," Peeta growled, losing sight of himself once again, "I can't keep control-"

"Yes you can-"

"Leave me," He screamed, "I'm a mutt!"

"Look at me," Katniss yelled. She grabbed either side of his face, and pried his eyes into hers, "look at me! Look at me!"

She pulled him in for a short, but passionate kiss, "Stay with me."

Peeta nodded surely, "Always."

"Come on."

The pair rose to their feet, and ran with the others around the corner.

"I know where we are," Cressida exclaimed, moving to the front of the group, "I know a place! Up those stairs!"

The group followed her directions, up the stairs and through an abandoned city street. Kaianna's heart cracked at the sight of a wanted poster with Brooke's face plastered on it. Finnick kept her close as they ran, understanding that her head wasn't completely clear. They came to a halt when Cressida started banging on the door of a high end boutique.

"Someone's coming!" Peeta gasped.

A shadow figure approached the door, and it opened to reveal a woman. Her hair was wild, and her features and skin had been redesigned to make her look like a wild cat.

"Shut the door! Shut the door!" Cressida instructed desperately.

Finnick was the last to enter, and the stranger pushed the door closed behind him. She then looked up to find Katniss's arrow pointed in her face.

"No Katniss," Cressida's voice was gentle and reassuring, "it's ok! It's ok!"

The girl from twelve slowly lowered her weapon as Gale ran to search the building.

"Tigris? Do you remember me," Cressida asked, stepping towards the striped woman, "I'm with Plutarch's underground. We need your help."

"Clear!" Gale shouted.