Chapter 21

*a/n still Makayla POV*
I woke up to the sound of snaps. I realized Taylor and Aaron were taking pictures of me and Grayson. I took two extra pillows and threw them at them.
"Well Goodmorning to you too grouchy." Taylor laughed.
"What time is it?" I asked.
"8:15." Aaron said.
"Are all the guys up?"
"Nope just us three." Aaron said.
"Let's go eat." We called the front desk and told them to block off the buffet until we left. When we got there I grabbed 1 pancake and a piece of bacon. I didn't want to gain more weight.
"Is that all you're gonna eat?" Taylor asked surprised. I just nodded. When I was done it was 8:25 so I got up.
"Where you headed?" Taylor questioned.
"Our room to shower and get ready for MAGCON." They just nodded.
When I got back to the room Grayson was still sleeping. I grabbed my undies and a bra. I wasn't sure what I wanted to wear so I just went to the bathroom. I played music and hopped in. After 30 minutes I finally got out feeling squeaky clean. I dried off wit. A towel and put on a complementary white robe. I walked out and saw it was 9:00. Grayson was knocked out still. I decided to pick out an outfit. I opened my suitcase and decided to wear high waisted shorts, a white top and a kimono type cover up over it. (At the top) I put my robe back on and decided to blow dry my hair. It took about 10 minutes. I them put my hair in loose curls and decided to take a section of hair from the left side and braid it and pull it over to the right. (A/n braided headband style) I grabbed my makeup and put on my neutral eyeshadow, winged eyeliner, two types of mascara and nude lipgloss. I checked the time and it was 9:45. I walked out of the bathroom and Grayson was out on the balcony. (A/n they're in a hotel that's ocean front. And I changed the event to be in Florida.) I decided to walk to the balcony too, I quietly slid the door open and stood behind Grayson.
"Hi!" I beamed. He jumped meaning I got him.
"Oh my gosh Makayla don-" he stopped when he faced me. I was confused.
"Wh-what?" I asked really confused.
"Y-you!" He said. Oh no I look bad.
"I look bad don't I? I knew it I should go change." I turned to go change when Grayson grabbed my arm. I was now facing him.
"You. Look. Gorgeous." He said. I blushed really really hard.
"That's cute." He giggled. That made me blush even harder. We both went back in and Grayson hopped in the shower. When he was done he came out in a robe too. He looked through his suitcase.
"Come help me pick something." He said in frustration. I put my phone down and got up. I pulled out some American Eagle boxers. I continued to look through his many outfits when I finally found an outfit. I pulled out khakis and a galaxy tank top. I paired it with vans. He went to the bathroom and put it on. He came out and looked hot.
"Wow." I said dazed.
He smirked and walked towards me.
"After the event later tonight do you want to maybe go get some ice cream and something to eat? I found this small diner that's opened until midnight." He asked nervously.
"That sounds wonderful." I smiled. I gave him a hug when the door opened. Taylor and Aaron came back in.
"Whoa what's going on here?" Aaron and Taylor asked simultaneously, Aaron smirking and Taylor shocked.
"Oh nothing, me and Grayson are hanging out after the event." I said blankly.
I checked the time it was now 11 and it was time to go down and watch the guys do a sound check. After about 3 hours the guys came backstage sweating.
"You guys did a great job." I smiled.
We all sat there and talked until it was time for the event to start which would be 5:00.
*at the event*
They all went out 1 by 1 as there named were called. After a few minutes I heard Gilinsky start talking. And Shawn and Carter came back stage towards me.
"What's going on?" I asked.
"Just wait." Shawn smiled.
"Okay you guys. There is one more special guest I would like you guys to meet. She's mine, Taylor and Johnson's best friend. We've all been together since we were in diapers and I love her with all my heart. Please be nice...I now welcome you Makayla Abrams!" Then I felt four hands on me. Carter and Shawn were dragging me on stage.
"No wait- I don't wanna- I can't-" I couldn't finish my sentences. I was having a panic attack. When I got on stage I ran to Gilinsky and gripped onto his arm. I heard a few awwh's in the crowd. He put the mic down and looked at me.
"Are you okay? Breathe, you're fine." He told me. I looked at him and just smiled. After listening to everyone dance for 2 hours and 45 minutes it was time for a Q&A. All of us came and sat at the end of the stage. I was between Grayson and Gilinksy. Gilinsky had his hand on mine and Grayson had his hand on my thigh.
"Alright who wants to start with the first question?" Nash asked. Everyone screamed. "Alright you, cutie with my merch on." Nash said pointing to a girl with medium length brown hair.
"What's the best thing about being Cameron's best friend?" She asked.
"Well there's a lot. But I'd probably say it's that he's always there more me and the guys and I'm glad I have him as a best friend." Then they bro hugged.
"Next question." Nash pointed to another girl.
"Makayla? Do you have a thing for Gilisnky and or Grayson?" My eyes widened. All the boys knew that I was super shy. Taylor, Johnson and Gilisnky told them everything about me, except for the bad parts and the stuff not even those three know. Only Grayson does. When they asked the question Nash spoke up.
"That's confidential." Nash said seriously. After more questions it was time for the meet and greet. I decided to stand at the booth with Gilinsky and Johnson. Fans came up and hugged the boys and smiled at me for the first 15 minutes. After that things got different. One girl walked up to the booth. She had long blonde hair, green eyes and long eyelashes. She was beautiful. When she saw me she gave me a dirty look.
"Look girl, you don't belong with these guys. You're nothing, do us a favor and go." She said. That stung but I didn't let it bother me, it hurt my feelings that neither of the guys did anything. Another girl came up to the guys and took pics. She walked to me.
"Ew you ugly troll, lose some weight and stay away from these guys." I looked over at the jacks and saw Johnson was shocked but Gilisnky...when I saw him my heart shaddered and my blood boiled. He was giggling. What the heck. I thought me and him were good now. Why would he find that funny. I felt tears form after feeling bad about myself but quickly wiped them away. Then another girl came. She looked sweet and innocent. She took her pictures with the boys and made her way to me.
"Excuse me? You squirrel looking creature, why are you even trying to be with these guys. They don't like you, I bet they're just being nice because you paid them. Just die ,already, a group of us girls thought that seemed like a great idea." She looked at Gilisnky and he just smiled at her. That's when I had enough. I got up and looked at Gilinksy.
"And I thought we were good now." I looked at him and he met a new fan. I ran back to my room and cried, I cried for 20 minutes straight. I thought about all the rude things I've heard in my life. Everyone at school bullied me. I thought about my life. The bullying, the names, the rumors, Cody, the trial, the secret. Everything. I hated myself so much. I knew I had to stay strong. I wanted to go home to my mom.
I loved her and all my family, I have to try. I sat decided to dry my tears and take off my makeup. I decided to watch Netflix for the next 2 hours. I watched raising hope. After about 8 episodes I checked the time. It was 10:00 the event was ending. I decided to continue my show until the guys came back. It was 10:45 when Taylor, Grayson and Aaron came in. They all just smiled at me and took turns changing. Grayson came out with Addidas soccer pants and a grey Nike hoodie with black vans on. I changed before they got back. I was wearing black leggings and a llama hoodie. The llama face was covered with Twaimz's. I loved the hoodie.
"Ready to go?" Grayson asked.
"Yeah just let me put my shoes on." I slid my black vans on and walked out of the room. When we make it outside the hotel Grayson looks at me.
"Are you okay?" He asked. When he asked me that I just broke down. Right there on the sidewalk. He walked over to me and engulfed me into a hug.
"No I'm far from it. I hate my life, I hate myself and I hate people." I yelled and cried. He used his index finger to lift my chin.
"What's wrong my queen?" He asked in all seriousness.
"Everything. No one cares for me but my own family. The girls at the event called me fat, ugly and told me to leave or kill myself. You don't get it, it's so hard to ignore when you know they're right. I'm nothing, I'm worthless. I hate life, my past is just rough." I was balling my eyes out into his chest.
"Okay forget the diner come with me." He grabbed my hand and pulled off into the dark. After a few feet I noticed we were on the beach. I was still crying but not loudly. I wanna drown myself right her right now.
"Don't you dare!" Grayson said with nothing but seriousness in his voice. I started walking to the water when he grabbed me by my waist. I lost it.
"LET ME GO! LETE DIE NO CARES. IM NOTHING, NO ONE NEEDS ME." My face was read and tears were just falling. Grayson had a grip on me. He sat down. In the sand with me on his lap. He rubbed my back for 30 minutes until I finally stopped crying.
"Stay" was all he said.
"W-what?" I sniffled.
"Stay, don't leave me. You can't, all your friends and family love you. I care about you so much. It's been like 30 hours since we met and I don't want to admit this yet but I need to. I like you, a lot. You are the MOST beautiful being on this earth, you make Ariana Grande jealous. You're smile is gorgeous, your laugh is contagious, you're personality is pure and sweet, you couldn't hurt a living creature. You don't see what I see. I see a flawless girl who can save a life just by smiling, I see a girl with potential, but what I don't like is I can see you're broken. It's in your eyes. They don't glow. You don't deserve anything you've gone through. Never in a million years would I pressure you to tell me. That is personal. All I do know is that I want you here with me. You are worth so much. I swear to you I will never leave your side. I'm going to fix you and that's a promise I'm willing to die for to keep." I was in years after that.
"That was beautiful thank you so much, I really needed that. I'm speechless Grayson." I laughed. I did something unexpected. I crashed my lips into his. His kissed back. We stayed like that for about 20 seconds and pulled away. He later down in the sand and I later next to him looking up at the stars.
"The stars are breath taking." I smiled.
"You are too." Grayson said. I looked up at him. Took in his features.
"Why?" I asked.
"Why what?" He asked.
"Why do you care about me?" I asked,
"I can see it. You are different, you are special. I don't know a single girl like you. They're all fake, I have this growing interest in you. I'm willing to go to the ends of this earth to fix you." He kissed my head.
************
Double update because I feel bad that I don't update enough. I appreciate all the reads and votes. Love you all!!
A while back I asked for help. So I give idea creds to @leesa7231 I used most of what you suggested!