eighteen, connections

ابدأ من البداية

They approached the others, hovering their hands over their weapons - ready for any sort of attack.
Jesus, a man Jane hadn't yet met, had been leading them out here. She wondered why on Earth his parents named him Jesus. He never even stood a chance, did he?

"Everything alright?" Rick says, gesturing to the others gathered in-front of the gates, not daring to step in without him.

Jane slightly pushed past them all, dying to see what hilltop really was. To everyone but Rick's surprise, she went in first, eager to meet these new people.

Jesus was out front, and when he spotted Jane, he smiled at her.
He held out a hand for her to shake, and she didn't hesitate to take up his offer. She gaped at him, his hair, his beard. He literally was Jesus.

"Nice to meet you, uhm, Jesus." She said, trying to subvert any laughter from her lips.

He grinned, realising what she was thinking about.
"Y'know my name's not really Jesus right?" 

"What? Are you kidding me?" She said, failing to suppress her giggles.
"I'm Jane. Jane Peletier." She could tell from this interaction alone that they were going to be good friends.

Looking around, it wasn't much. The place had a lot of farming capabilities, which was great. Trailers and caravans lined the sides of the wall, people going in and out of them casually. She guessed that was where they lived.

The group headed straight toward the manor, their boots crunching beneath the gravel the only path was lined with. The settlement radiated warmth, and here, everyone seemed to be working together. Sure, Alexandria was like this, but it was too big to have any sort of relationship with everyone. There were some people she hadn't even met yet that resided there.

They got in, dusting off any dirt from their boots and placing their weapons on a dresser in the front hall.

Jane was reluctant to do so, but she trusted the others - and they seemed to trust hilltop.

The interior of the manor was no less impressive than the exterior, with high arches that marked the ceilings and doorways - encrusted with delicate designs and patterns.

She ran her fingers softly over the wooden railing as they traipsed upstairs, making a lot of noise. Entering an study area, they took positions around the room, crowding round one small writers desk.

An older man sat behind it, his fingers clasped together neatly on his lap. His hair was stark white, and his face was unmistakably pale. There wasn't an ounce of dirt on his crisp blue suit, and Jane made a mental note that he was the cleanest person she'd seen since all this started.

They got to talking, and the group was as unfriendly as usual.

"We'll do it," Rick said, staring straight at the man - who she now knew was called gregory.
"We'll take half of everything." He grunted, and everyone nodded their heads. Except for Gregory.

"You can't! They're already doing so as is!" He flailed, but wasn't persuasive or brave enough to really convince Rick. Nothing was.

"Half. Half and we'll kill them." He said, putting his foot down. Gregory sighed, but eventually agreed. Jane just stood, watching it all unfold. She didn't know if they'd really be equipped to handle these guys. But then, what Carl had said came to mind.
About terminus. About Rick, and how he killed them all.