Heading Off

The next day, at Peach's castle, the horns play a fanfare as Mario, Rosy, and Peach exit the castle to a crowd of Toads. Mario gasps as the Toads cheer at them. Rosy shyly waves at them as Peach looks at Mario, "They're all counting on us. No pressure."

They pass through the crowd, who give Mario and Rosy curious looks while cheering. Mario gives a nervous chuckle as they stand next to the Warp Pipe. Rosy's bangs fall over her eye as Princess Peach begins her speech, "My Toads! Our days of terror are almost over! With the help of the Kong army, we will stop--" A blue Toad raises his hand, causing Peach to stop mid-movement.

"Uh... Who are they?"

Mario and Rosy release a nervous chuckle. Peach quickly glances at them, not skipping a beat, "They're not important!" Rosy and Mario glance at each other in confusion but turn as the Toads start cheering again, and Peach enters the pipe. Mario weakly waves goodbye and is also pulled in. Rosy blows a kiss to the Toads and follows Mario. Once they exited the pipe, they both started walking through the mushroom forest.

Peach glances at the two, "Nervous?" Mario turns his head to her, "Who, me?" He scoffs, "Yes. A little." Princess Peach giggles and turns her head to Rosy, who quietly follows behind them, "Rosy? Could you please come here?" The blonde hair girl quickens her pace and walks side-by-side with Peach, "Yes?" Peach tilts her head to the side as Mario gazes at the forest.

"Are you from the same place as Mario?"

Rosy chuckles weakly, "Y-yes, I am." Peach studies her face and whispers quietly, "Are you sure? I can't help but think that I've seen you somewhere before." Rosy shrugs her shoulders, "Ever heard of a doppelganger? Someone could look like another."

"Hmm..."

Rosy turns her head to see Toad dancing up behind them, "♪We're goin' on an adventure!♪" He speaks normally to them, "Come on, guys!" He starts scatting up to Mario with a wide grin, "Hey, Mario!" Peach turns to Mario, "You know this guy?"

"Uh--"

"We're best friends." Toad chirps. Mario frowns at the mushroom man, "But are we?" Toad holds up his finger to Mario and turns to Peach and Rosy, "Don't worry." He speaks emphatically, "I... will... protect you." Rosy chuckles as Princess Peach puts her hand on her chest, "A Toad brave enough to join me."

"I fear nothing."

Peach and Rosy glance at each other knowingly as Mario gazes at them in puzzlement, "Well, that settles it. You're coming with us. Let's move!" Peach grins at Toad. The girls and Mario runs off. Toad grabs a Biddybud and spins it around, singing, "Ha-ha-ha!♪ I said we're goin' on an adventure, woo!♪"

Toad tosses the Biddybud behind him, making it squeal, and runs after the girls and Mario. Rosy, Mario, Peach, and Toad travel through various lands. Finally, they end up looking over a mist-covered mountain range. Mario and Rosy gaze at it in awe.

Peach puts her hands on her hips, "Pretty incredible, huh?" Mario lifts his hat upon his head, "Mamma Mia." Peach gazes at the sight, "I'll never let anyone ruin this." Rosy brushes her hair out of her eyes, "What a view..." Toad giggles and turns to the two humans, "Never get a view like this in Brooklyn?" Rosy snickers, "We are from a city. So we don't see this often."

Peach grabbed her hand and pulled her to her side as they continued their trek. Mario walked next to Toad behind the girls. Princess Peach linked her arm around Rosy's and whispered to her, "Rosy, is that your full name? Or nickname?"

Rosy swallows the lump in her throat. Not yet, not yet... "That's my full name." She answered. Peach frowns at her but seems to accept the answer, "Oh, okay. I didn't know how names worked in your world."

"That's okay, Princess."

"Just call me Peach."

"Peach." Rosy grins and continues walking.