Brooklyn To The Pipes

Downtown construction workers investigate the flooding as they are yelling at each other. A huge water geyser is coming from one of the sewer holes in the road. Rosy, Mario, and Luigi, now in uniform, wade through the water. They pause for a second to observe the workers. One of the workers plugs the huge geyser of water. "I got this!" The construction worker gives a thumbs-up before the same geyser blasts back out from the ground, sending him flying. Mario chuckles, "They're not even looking in the right place." Mario grabs a crowbar from Luigi's bag, "C'mon, Lu. Rosy."

Mario looks around the water for a second. He shoves the crowbar under a sewer cover and lifts it up. Water starts to drain into the sewer. The three peer into the sewer hole. Mario puts the crowbar back in Luigi's bag. Luigi looks at Mario with a scared look, "You are not seriously considering--" Before Luigi can finish, Mario holds his breath and jumps into the sewers, "Hup!" Luigi's eyes widened, "Mario!" He cries out.

Rosy breathes in and follows the red-capped plunger. Luigi psyches himself up, holds his breath, and jumps into the sewers as well, "AAAAHHHHH!" The water inside the sewers is rushing. Mario and Rosy are already walking through it as Luigi falls into the water behind them, coughing.

Mario opens a sewer door and points in front of them, "We gotta get to that pressure valve!" Mario points ahead to a yellow pressure valve that is shaking. Luigi groans, "Mamma Mia!" The brothers come to a pit in the sewers. Waterfalls rush down on all sides. Mario climbs onto a pipe hanging above the pit. Luigi looks down at the pit below, frightened, "Ah!" After a few seconds of climbing, Mario finally reaches the valve.

He flips himself over on the pipe and tries to reach for it. Mario tries to turn the wheel with a grunt. The wheel pops off and falls into the pit. Mario looks at Rosy and Luigi, "Uh..." The pipe bursts open at the end Mario is standing on. Water spews out from it. The pipe starts to lean backward, and the brothers, still holding onto the pipe, are sent flying through a waterfall. They crash through a wall behind the waterfall, breaking it open and landing in a hidden area. Rosy scampers towards them, "Are you alright!?"

Luigi sits up, then Mario. The waterfall continues rushing behind them, "I knew saving Brooklyn was a bad idea." Luigi mutters. Mario stood up, "We're okay, Rosy. Come on." Mario picks Luigi up. Luigi fixes his shoulder, and Mario looks ahead curiously.

He walks deeper into the hidden area. Luigi picks up his bag of equipment and follows. "Whoa! What is this place?" Mario and Luigi look down and see they're in a utility tunnel. The area is huge, with many stairs and pipes of different sizes. The stairs lead downwards into the area, and the twin brothers look down. Luigi kicks a rock down, watching it travel for a bit before hitting something metal. Mario motions for Luigi and Rosy to follow him down. The brothers, now equipped with flashlights, make their way down the many flights of stairs.

As they make their way down, the bros use the flashlights to look at their surroundings. After a few seconds of traversing the area, the three finally reach the bottom. As they continue looking around, Luigi stops in front of a huge green pipe. He turns and looks inside the pipe curiously. Rosy follows the boys as they explore it. "Looks like nobody's been down here for years," Mario spoke. Rosy hears a noise and spins around to see the all-familiar Warp Pipe, "Luigi?" They both go into the pipe.

"Luigi, are you in there?" Mario calls out as he picks up the wrench Luigi dropped, "Luigi!" The wrench is pulled further into the pipe, disappearing from sight, "What?" The pipe begins to glow a bright blue light. Mario and Rosy notice that they're being pulled into the pipe as well, screaming as this happens; now they're in the Warp Zone, being carried along a series of clear passageways moving through brightly colored clouds.

Rosy grabs Mario's hand, knowing they are in for a bumpy ride. Mario gasps, "Wow!" He hears Luigi screaming, "Luigi!" He glances at Rosy and the two nod. They lunged forward and spotted the twin brother in front of them, "Mario! Rosy!" They go towards him, "Gimme your hand!" Mario calls out. Luigi reaches out and grabs their hands.

The three begin spinning, "It's all gonna be okay!" Mario shouted over the loud whistling in their ears. Luigi screams, "HOW IS THIS GONNA BE OKAY?!?"

"I'm telling you! Nothing can hurt us as long as we're together!" Mario answers. Rosy gasps at the approaching pipe. No. No, no, no! Luigi is pulled away from them and entered a lava-covered portal, "Mario! Rosy!"

"Luigi!" They both cried out. Rosy glances to see they are entering another pipe. Mario pulls her close to him as they enter it. Suddenly, they are ejected from the pipe, land on a giant mushroom, and tumble to the grass-covered ground. Mario gives a shout and groans. Rosy had landed on top of him. She quickly stands up and rubs her head. Mario gets up and looks in amazement. He softly gasps.

"You may be amazed now, Mario. But wait until you know what is going to happen." Rosy inwardly grins at him. Now, the time has come.