𝟐𝟗.

ATLANTA, GEORGIA - 2:00PM

"Hey." I said as soon as I stepped inside Ash and Karson's house. Karson gave me a head nod while Ash got up and gave me a hug which took me by a surprise.

"Friendly. You haven't even known for a full 3 days."

"Boy, bye." Ash flicked him off before going to sit down and patting next to her indicating that she wanted me to sit there. "You okay?"

"Uhh, kind of."

"...let me go check on, Valentine." She got up and went upstairs. That caused Karson to look at me with furrowed brows.

"What happened?"

"Why you look like that?" I mugged him.

"Girl, what the fuck happened? You come over here out of the fucking blue acting all weird and shit. Don't ask me why I'm looking like nothing."

Ash came back downstairs. "Fyi sis, he's a lil angry since he can't get no cat." And then she headed back upstairs.

"Well just because you can't get no cat and you angry doesn't mean you take that out on me. You didn't even greet me you gave me that lil ass head nod. Like you could have dapped me up or hugged me, tuh something." I said and he just blinked. "...okay, well I wanted to find dad."

"Dad? Who the fuck is dad?"

"You know the one that put sperm in Monique an-"

"You 'bout to piss me off."

"K? Like get pissed off then. Pissy ass nigga."

"Why the fuck you wanna find that man? After your mom-"

"You're doing too much. That lady isn't my mom. If you heard the cruel words she said to me you wouldn't classify that bald bitch as a mother either."

"Why you onnat?"

"Anyways, I wanted to find dad. Like I just want some type of answers as to why he left. Why he never took care of us and why he's just a deadbeat."

"And then what? You'll try to make up with the nigga? You should already have your answers to the damn questions, Milan. He obviously ain't wanna take care of us. He ain't want the responsibility and when momma told him she was pregnant he left twice! That nigga ain't worried 'bout us nor is he tryna look for you so he can build a bond and shit. Aye, you know why you always getting hurt? Because youn know how to leave shit alone. You always tryna rebuild bonds and shit. Somebody show they ass once, they get to apologizing, and you so quick to forgive them and be they damn friend or something."