𝟎𝟑.

ATLANTA, GEORGIA - 8:16PM

Hearing the sound of my phone ringing, I groaned loudly before tapping around so I could find my phone. Once I found it I looked at the caller id seeing it was from a random so I didn't bother picking up. Until the same number called again and I picked it up waiting for the person to say something.

❝Saylor.❞ I heard and by the sound of the person's voice I automatically knew it was my mom's. I sat up and turned on my LED lights so it would no longer be dark.

"Yeah? What you want?"

"Excuse me? I am your mother what do you mean what do I want? So, I can't call- matter of fact do you know I had to ask your grandmother for your number?"

"Oh."

"What do you mean oh?"

"What do you want me to say?"

"Um, maybe a 'I'm sorry'."

"Do you deserve one?" I chuckled putting her on speaker phone so I could check my notifications. Wasn't nothing for real but Ximena texting me and Instagram notifications. I'll reply to her later though.

"Did you hear me?"

"What you say?"

"...Why do you treat me like this?" She sighed and I heard her voice change.

"Why do you think I treat you like this?"

"I've never done anything to you, Saylor. You treat me horrible as if I didn't take care of you."

"You literally blamed me for Lim's death. You said that I was the reason for it and you constantly told me that every single time you could. Do you know how much that hurt? Do you? So, why would I talk to you?"

After Lim got shot in the gas station, the police had arrived a couple minutes later and told me to back away. It was hard to just leave him, but eventually I did. Then, they started asking me questions like what happened and stuff like that. So, then they took me home and I told my mom about the situation. She said and I quote 'he died and i bet it was all your fault because you couldn't take up for yourself and got him in a position'. She didn't even care to actual hear what happened.

When I first got a phone maybe like 6 months after Lim died, she had my number which my grandma gave her and she'd call just to remind me how Salim's death was my fault. And I changed my number after high school.