~•~ 26 - Ryuji Kai ~•~

~•~•~

It is a well known fact that Ryuji Kai comes from a family of swordsmen. The Ryuji family used to be close friends with the Shirakumo family clan, meaning they were some of the first to move into The Valley.

In fact, they helped source some of the materials used to repair The Valley after they bought it from the government after a war.

When quirks first showed up, the world was knocked off it's course. People began fearing those with quirks, leading to discrimination against the quirked.

The Shirakumo clan, always having been a kind and righteous family, allowed quirked people to seek refuge within the safe walls of The Valley.

After all, the old journals of the Shirakumo clan that are the main source of information of the history books of The Valley do say that the Shirakumo clan wanted to build up The Valley anew to allow those oppressed and cast out by society to have a new and safe home to belong to.

With the appearance of quirks, the first great quirk war dawned on human society. Many families who knew how to fight banded together and became known as the first protectors of The Valley.

One of those families is Kai's. Banded together, they managed to fend off any threat looming outside.

Of course, that safety came at a price. Many fighters fell, loosing their lives to desperate and hateful people.

Since then, the Ryuji family had decided to pass down their swordsmanship, if not only to preserve it through time, but also to be always ready, should any threats befall The Valley once more.

They were not unjust to do so. Only a generation or two after the first quirk war, the second one came. The Ryuji family once again stepped up with other families, fighting for their lives to protect those who lived within the walls of The Valley.

Luckily, after that war, The Valley had been safe from major threat, besides being used by villains. But the Ryuji family continued their tradition of passing down their swordsmanship.

Being reminded of what his ancestors had once achieved, it was no hard choice to make to join the shadow misfits.

Kai took the chance and became Azure of Division 1.

He is glad to be able to carry the legacy of his ancestors, becoming a protector of The Valley, albeit differently than his ancestors.

But in the end, they share the same purpose: keeping The Valley safe from threat.

~•~•~