~•~ 10 - Sumé Cherry ~•~

~•~•~

Sumé Cherry is an orphan child. Added to that, she is also the youngest member of the Shadow Misfits.

When she was 5, her parents happened to be at the wrong place at the wrong time. Walking through an alleyway, they stumbled upon a group of villains doing business. Out of retaliation and being used to the rules and laws of the outside, the villains killed her parents.

She had always been one of the shy, quiet kids, but loosing her parents gave her trust issues.

That is, until she met Midoriya Izuku. They met one day while some of the orphanage children had been taken to a park and they played together. Izuku had been very kind and patient with her as they played, which made him the first person Cherry actually trusted after her parent's death.

Over time, she grew to be just as kind and humble as he is, keeping her shy and timid tendencies all the while. But that didn't get rid of her trust issues, only lessened them.

In school she was known as an uplifting presence, having adopted Izuku's optimistic and positive outlook on most things. Izuku was known as the local sunshine in their school, after all.

Then, one day when she was 6, a few months away from her 7th birthday, Izuku sought her out during lunch. He told her that they were looking for other kids to join their group.

At first, Cherry was hesitant. Why would they want someone like her, timid and shy, to go out and fight villains?

And so, Izuku explained further.

He was the one to recommend her to the other two he was making the group with. He remembered her precise aim during any throwing-type sports activity and thought she was a good candidate to be part of Division 4, Shooting Shadow.

Izuku was positive that she would fit right in and continued to list off reasons he chose her.

But Cherry merely tuned it out. She was lost within her own thoughts.

Ever since her parents' death, she felt some kind of hatred towards villains. It hadn't been much, but when she was presented with the opportunity to fight said villains, it made her think.

Izuku believed she had the skills needed to hold her own against villains, well, perhaps together with teammates. She wanted to avenge her parents and make sure that no one else suffered from losing their parents like that ever again.

There were many other orphans who went through the same thing, one of them also joining Shadow Misfits.

Once Izuku stopped talking, Cherry told him she would join, gaining the alias Lime.

~•~•~

Out of the other orphans who joined as well, Shiroku Narami is the only one who experienced the same thing she did.

Shiroku was 6 when she and her parents were at home and villains decided to rob their house. Shiroku's parents decided to not only disobey the trespassers' demands, but also fight back against them.

Seeing as they weren't getting anywhere, the villains set their house ablaze, trapping her parents within the flaming house. Shiroku, however, managed to get out unnoticed by the villains and ran.

Shiroku distanced herself from everyone in the orphanage and refused to talk with anyone. Cherry only found out when they joined the group that she had selective mutism.

She supposed that Shiroku joined the group to avenge her parents and to stop such things from happening any further, just like her.

~•~•~

Cherry is happy she joined the Shadow Misfits. Besides keeping The Valley safe, she found closure in being in a close-knit friend group like all of them had more or less become. To her, they became her family.

Of course, she couldn't always understand everyone and wasn't as close to some as she was with others, but that was natural, right?

They were a group of 30 children, after all. A group of children that bonded over their shared goal of wanting to protect The Valley and the Crimson Misfits.

As shy and socially awkward as she is, she couldn't possibly be close to everyone. But that was fine. She knew everyone well enough to be comfortable working together with them.

And that was all she needed when it came to their official work.

~•~•~