A Lot Like Love - Part 5

Start from the beginning

Sakshi smile widened and she tried to touch droplets of rain.Vikram found it cute.She eyed him asking what and he shook his head.

V-"Sakshi.Can I ask you something.And expect truth."

S-"I have been saying truth only.But you wouldnt believe."

Her eyes shined and he looked down as they started walking again in grass which was little wet now.

V-"Even if I believed now something happened between us.At one point.And this baby is.Ours.What next.Do you expect?From me?Or us."

She stopped walking and stood like that.Taking deep breathe looked at him.Her eyes had calmness which he couldnt defy.

S-"If I say what my heart wishes.Will you be able to stand to that?"

He didnt meet her eyes and she knew he wasnt willing to take any step.Her heart had hopes but every time she would see him.He had fear or guilt.

V-"There are times when we need to keep few things in life above our wishes and desires.For our own peoples sake."

Sakshi laughed making him stare at him.She could see sky getting darker.

S-"Just like how you are doing I believe."

V-"Sorry?"

S-"Have you ever lived life for your own sake.Even for some minutes.Without any bindings.Or inhibitions just give some time for yourself.Life is precious.Only then you can feel it.Even small things matter to us so much.But we keep running after big ambitions in life.Which fail us.At end we have nothing for us.Except regrets."

V-"Why did you keep baby?I mean.You had choice.You didnt even knew me like you said."

S-"Because thats how I prefer to live my life.Do what I like and prefer.I could have had different life but.Moment I started feeling life connected to me.I made promise.To never leave his side."

Her words as if silenced Vikram.He didnt knew what to say next or ask her.Deep inside he was fighting within himself.If to believe whatever was happening.He felt confused.Right then rain started pouring and he felt his glasses blurred.Taking them out he found most beautiful sight in front of him.She let rains touch her face getting drenched with smile on face.A calm smile and she looked happy.He wished if moment could stop there.

Mani was walking restlessly in room.Checking time again and again.trying to have look at garden area.Goswami came grinning.

G-"Sir if you worry this much.Your hairs will go all grey."

M-"Shut up Goswami.Go and see whats taking Nikhil so wrong.I called him to solve this mess.And he is doing something else only.Sending Vikram on date with her.And now.Dont know what he is doing."

Nikhil came humming song checking his phone casually.He patted Mani on back and gave smile.

M-"Where have you been.Do you know time.For how long those two have been together."

N-"thats cool.Right."

M-"Nikhil.I cant take this anymore.What are you even planning.Did you do what we planned or you forgot.Listen I."

N-"I know my job well brother.Goswami take this."

He handed him a small packet sealed with few hairs inside.Goswani took it carefully.Mani tried to have look at it.

N-"This will solve all problems at once.I believe so.As this will prove if Vikram is father of this child.Once we get reports."

He winked at Mani who could finally take breath of relief.Thunder bolted loudly and they saw Vikram and Sakshi getting inside house together with smile on face.Vikram looked different.Nikhil smirked while Mani kept hand on his heart.