Part 3 - Chapter 2

Amadeo made himself eat everything, drinking a lot of water with it, cool spring water that went smoothly down his throat.  He slept well during the afternoon.  His mother came in, believing he had a passing virus.  He told her he was feeling better than he had before.

His father woke him from napping, early in the evening. "I just wanted to tell you that I think perhaps our Vampyres are all here.  I have tracked down three by the IDs they are using.  And you said Joy was with Julien.  And I suspect the one named Blade, the fashion model, I suspect she has been in the city for some time...and she is working with humans in some scheme against her own kind."

"How?  How do you know all that."

"Ah,  I found a suspicious name, a fictional Vampyre name in the interpol bulletins and I know their sense of the humor in such things.  I assumed some law enforcement agency would have reason to keep track of them and went back from there.  Why would a man from Karachi leave his husband to take a trip to England, stay just one day, and then leave England with a man he has no connection with whatsoever, a man with no reason to come to America? And then take a road trip across The States in a car he paid for in cash? To suddenly disappear? I'll tell you because we are talking about Julien.  He flew to England looking for their father Vampyre, the old one, and when he found him, they stole a man's ID and flew straight to DC.  Can you guess what sort of car he bought?"

"No," said Amadeo.

"A red Ford Vampyre.    He was clocked speeding at 200mph several times crossing the automated radar checks.  Seems he somehow passed by all actual officers.  And the man's husband also left Karachi, but did not follow him to England, he flew into New York today."

"But how do you know it is them? How do you really know from just that?  From seeing a suspicious name?  I could think of another explanation right now.  A man quarrels with his husband, and with his husband's money fly's to England. meets a guy in a club, sweeps him off his feet, and whisks him away to America, where they buy a car, and travel together, sleeping together in any hotel they please.  The jealous husband is smart enough to check with his own credit card, and doesn't have to go to England, because he knows money was spent in America."

"Well, I know what Julien looks like.  As soon as I saw the suspicious name I looked up his ID picture.  And I knew that it was England their father went to. He used a stolen ID, the picture of the man looks very much like him but isn't him. They must have known at some point that the government was tracking their car and found a way around it.  Do you know how much a Ford Vampyre costs?  He paid over a hundred thousand dollars cash for one.  Who has that kind of money but Vampyres, rock stars, and us?"

"You didn't mention Joy coming into the country, but I saw her, I touched her.   Do you think they were looking for Joy on their trip?"

"She may have come to New York with them.  I can find no ID or paper trail on her, or anyone matching her description, and no calls turn up a witness who has seen her among those who have seen Julien and the father.   I suppose she was in hiding.  They are most likely under the city right now.  It's getting dark.  They will be up soon.  And Louis will join them.  I do know he's here."

"But the creatures I saw, in my vision, there were so many.  Any you keep talking about this small group of Vampyres.  And Blade, you mentioned her just once.  How do you know she is here."

"Those creatures came to New York against their will.  And I've suspected for a long time that Blade has been here.  There are certain pieces of evidence certain things my grandfather left behind that only I see because his business was passed to me.  He passed certain information down with that, just as I'll pass certain information on to the next one chosen to take over.  You've always known it was a little more than just controlling ownership of a tech company at stake.  Still I can't tell you any more than I know for certain.  I do know more than most, but still not everything."