Nisha smiled in response.

"Nisha, today I have to attend the reception of my friend's granddaughter. I want you to accompany me," Rutba Begum stated.

"Me?" Nisha mumbled in confusion.

She nodded. "Yes, you. Just get ready in the evening. The reception is in the night."

"But children?" She said in worry.

"Ruhaan will reach home by then. He will take care of them," Rutba Begum replied.

"Okay, Dadi Jaan... I should leave now. You should take care of yourself." She stood up and kissed her cheek.

Giving a reassuring glance at her children, she walked away.

                  __________________

Nisha as per her grandmother's advice got ready in formal attire in the evening. She didn't have any expensive and extra heavy dresses appropriate for gathering but Rutba Begum sent a dress for her. She didn't know why was she asking her to do this extra preparation.

The frock was light green, reaching her ankles. It had golden embroidery on the border made up of pure net, with the same design on the front as well. The trouser and dupatta were of the same color as well.

She never wore anything this heavy except on her wedding day and now she was feeling strange.

Nisha was about to wear the matching locket when the light got turned off. The whole room got bathed in darkness. She couldn't get an idea of anything. What happened all of a sudden? She searched for her mobile aimlessly on the dressing table. She quickly pushed the flashlight open when her hands touched the thing.

She was thinking about going out when the door knocked and a minute later, a maid appeared.

"Bari Begum Sahiba is asking you to come downstairs. She is waiting for you on the porch," she informed her.

Why Dadi Jaan was waiting for her in such darkness?

But she gave the okay signal to the maid and then walked downstairs carefully with the flashlight directing her steps. She couldn't find anyone in the house, not even maids. When she reached the corridor, she got startled when suddenly the lights got illuminated. It impinged on her eyes causing her to close them briefly.

When she again opened them, she got to see the biggest surprise of her life.

"Happy Birthday to you... Happy Birthday to you...Happy Birthday dear Nisha...Happy birthday to you."

It was her mother's and grandmother's voices. With the erratic sounds her children were making included as well. Nisha's eyes watered at finding Tabinda looking at her with a smile. She rushed in her direction and kept on looking at her blankly. Then she touched her to get convinced that she was here and she wasn't seeing the dream. She quickly hugged her tightly. Tears started to fall from the eyes of both of them.

"My daughter. My precious Nisha," Tabinda mumbled in a wobbly voice and kissed her forehead.

"Ammi. I missed you so much," she again hugged her.

Now she looked around; it was the garden where she was standing. A huge cake was placed on a large table with her name written on it. The background was decorated accordingly to a birthday celebration. She didn't even remember it was her birthday. How did her mother come to Sufiyan's Mansion? 

The two women and Rahmeen whom she couldn't appreciate earlier were there. She had surprisingly become nice to Nisha over a few months. Aliyan and Eshal were sitting on their walkers looking so cute in their new clothes. She didn't know who dressed them up. When Ruhaan came home, she gave them to him as she had to get ready. Talking about him, where was he?