3. Split

"Hey...Rider? Why is it taking him so long?"

Goggles waited and painfully waited more. He was the inpatient type, making the situation a bit more difficult to handle. He texted Rider one more time.

"Rider where are you?"
[Sent - 3:28 PM]

No reply. Goggles could only make the conclusion that either one, Rider's phone died or two, an Octarain attack. Of course why would a silly, idiotic guy would think of the worst? He thought. Yet flashing memories of battling Rider, and having a fun time. Why would he think of the worst? Rider is a strong player but sometimes can be careless which got him worried. He shook his head to brush away his memories and walked off to find Rider.

"Damnit! My phone died. Just great timing. Spending over 3,000 coins on this for a cheap battery?!! Cod!"
Rider angrily put his phone on his pocket. Thankfully, this area didn't had any rocks or soda cans or else Rider would start on a kicking spree. He sighed and crossed his arms. Taking a long deep breath as Goggles advised him to do whenever he felt out of control. "Being angry over a situation you can't overcome doesn't help much at all, you know?"

Rider began to slowly walk around the area. Even though Inkopolis is packed, no sign of the goof ball anywhere. Again, starting to panic shortly after.

"Wait is that...Rider?"
"It's Riderrr!"
Before Rider could react, he was suddenly tackled by no other than Cardigan Team. Causing a huge scene all around Inkopolis. "Hey Rider! what you been up to?" "Rider are you going to another Turf War against the S4?" "Rider, whats your plan for today?" Naturally, Rider would silently leave, but annoyed. However, this made him overwhelmed about the situation with all the sudden questions, especially the S4 comment. Rider's ego is off the roof, but any mention of the S4, would make him jealous. "Tch, Just leave me alone! Don't you know what the word alone means? For cod sake, you guys are nothing but a huge headache. You give me pain everyday. I rather be with an annoying pipsqueak than hanging out with all of you."

Everyone was shocked with the sudden last message spoken. At this point, he didn't care what everyone thought. Rider simply just walked away, irritated.

Goggles soon arrived to the huge crowd. He couldn't help but ask one of the witnesses to explain the loud commotion happening. The Octoling with Octo Glasses replied: "Yeah, S+ ranker, Rider got into this conflict with the Cardigan Team! Shocking huh? Maybe not too shocking consider he is usually grumpy." This immediately got Goggles worried. He asked back: "Where did Rider go? Which direction?" "Yeah he went straight down the left" "Thanks!" Goggles ran down towards the direction given, hoping he could catch Rider just in time before any disaster. As he continued to run, he yelled his name from afar. "Riderr! Earth to Rider!?!" Screaming on top of his lungs in a high pitched voice. Rider could immediately recognized his voice. "Goggles?" He turned around and saw the shorter Inkling waving his hand. "Rider there you are! I been trying to find you!" "I been trying to look for you too, dork" Rider rolled his eyes but Goggles didn't cared. He was happy to find his friend. "Well, I'm sorry for not replying, my phone died and couldn't reply of course" Rider chuckled nervously. "No problem! I understand!" Goggles laughed. The two seemed happily reunited and soon walked away, with smiles on their faces. Telling their side of their story.

"Those are the two Inklings you said that would promise great accomplishments gramps?"