I turned from the door, walking back into the bedroom to start my daily routine of getting ready. There are only a few people allowed to bother me when I'm in my room, and by few people, I mean very few people. And, I knew with Marco at the door, there was no hope of crawling back into bed, back to my fantasy land, back to him

"It's almost noon, Sorren," he commented as he entered the room and closed the door behind him. "Do you know what day it is?"

I scowled, ignoring Marco almost completely as I fished a button-up shirt and slacks from the walk-in closet. It was almost noon, which meant I missed my morning stop at the cafe to see Kalen. I hadn't been in a few weeks, considering the mess I caused, but after our date last night, I was excited to start the routine back up again. Looks like it would have to start tomorrow, considering how long I slept in.

"Do you know what day it is?" Marco repeated from the doorway of the closet, hands settled on his hips like a coach who was unimpressed with his star player's last performance. 

I huffed in annoyance, "It's Thursday, right? Do I get a win a prize now?"

"You'll be the death of me one day, son" the older man grumbled. He entered the room, picking out a pair of nice dress shoes to accompany the outfit I was now wearing. "Correct, today is Thursday. Which means we have a meeting with the Moretti's today, to discuss the next steps of our deal."

I cursed internally. How could I have possibly forgotten? 

Macro noticed the look of panic that cross my face for a split second before I was able to mask it. 

"Don't stress. I have the car ready outside. Your paperwork is ready to go, it's been collected by Vance and they are waiting at the front door for us. All we need is you," he debriefed.

I sighed in relief, sliding on the shoes he presented to me before tying them. When I rose from my seat, Marco was standing directly in front of me, peering at me with a concerned look on his face.

"All we need is you, focused. You hear me, son?" he emphasized. I nodded my head, understanding what he meant. 

My family business was currently at a historical point in time but a fragile point. There was a lot to be done to take the necessary steps for the future prosperity and safety of my people. To do so, I needed to be here and I needed to be focused. The two things I have not been the past few weeks, since meeting a certain soft, browned-eyed boy. 

I needed to strip all thoughts of the other man and focus on the future of my business.

"I hear you."

______________

I viciously clawed at the tie choking me, desperate to free myself from its grasp as I fell back into the overly large leather office chair. My office door slammed closed behind Marco and I grimaced at the sound and the lecture I knew was on the way. 

"You never cease to find new ways to amaze me, Sorren," he hissed in a whispered shout. 

I watched from my seat as the older, yet smaller man paced back and forth across the desk from me. The angry red flush I noticed during the meeting had grown so much that his bald head was glowing red. I swear if we were in one of the many cartoons I watched as a kid, he would have steam coming from his ears or maybe an egg frying on his head.

"What part of, this is one of the most important, life-altering deals we've ever seen that did not absorb into that thick, dense head of yours?"