Chapter 7

Sorren Donato :

I could feel Kalen tense against me as I ghosted my lips over his. When he didn't fight me, I pressed harder, desperate for his reciprocation.

It was so dumb to get Kalen involved in my shit. Even something as simple as catering for a business meeting in my world was dangerous. I couldn't lose him, the little baker boy, and I wasn't even sure he was mine to lose. 

The younger man relaxed into me, gripping my shirt tighter and pulling me flush against his body. I took that as a sign to continue, so my tongue slipped out to lick over his bottom lip ever so gently. He gasped, surprised by my action. I took the opportunity to slip my tongue into his mouth. 

One of the hands I was clasping Kalen's face with moved to tangle into his hair, pulling him tighter into me. My other hand traveled down to gently brace his neck, pressing my thumb into his chin to angle his head back.

Our tongues battled against each other as I fought deeper. The softest moan passed through Kalen, causing a wave of heat to course through my body. Suddenly, the only thought on my mind was to get him to make that sound again.

I tugged at the strands of his hair, and another sound similar to the first escaped him. I pulled back to suck his lower lip between my own teeth, something I'd been daydreaming about since I first laid eyes on him. I nibbled softly on the skin while Kalen mewled under my touch. 

A sharp knock came from the door and both Kalen and I jumped away from each other. My dark eyes rolled over his body to take in his now disheveled appearance. His hair was a mess, his lips bright red and wet, his eyes wide, and his breath came in small pants as he looked back at me with a fire in his eyes. A look I'd never seen on him before but it was making my pants tighten against my groin. 

Methodically, Kalen licked his bottom lip, biting down on the tender skin. I smirked at him, wiping my mouth with the back of my hand. Every fiber of my being screamed to take him here, in the office I seldomly used. To pick him up from the floor and hold him against the wall while I fu-

Another sharp knock rang through the room when there was no answer from either of us, which earned a harsh groan in response from me. I reluctantly took steps backward, away from Kalen and towards the door. I never let my eyes leave him, and I saw concern fluttering across his brow once again.

He opened his mouth to speak but no words came out. I wished to stay here, secluded away from everything and everyone to finish what I'd started with Kalen. To wipe every concern and anxious thought away from him. He only watched as I turned the handle of the office door and slipped out into the hallway. Sadly, I wasn't in a position to hide away as I craved. 

Once the door was closed, my most trusted advisor was at my side. Marco waited to be given an order, like always. 

He was an older man who initially became a part of my family's organization back when my father ran things. Still, he remained, loyal till the end. He was probably close to the age my father would be if he was here. Which, for some reason, elevated my trust in him.

"Sir," he acknowledged. He met my gaze, trying to read my thoughts before I even had to say them. We were close enough that he usually understood my desires even before I did.

"Send the boy home..." I instructed. 

Marco chewed the inside of his cheek, something he commonly did when he wanted to keep himself from speaking out of turn. There were other members in the hallway with us, watching and waiting. While Marco was allowed to speak his mind to me in private, he would never dare cross those boundaries in public view. He respected me too much to damage my reputation, especially in front of my own men.