Chapter 31: Eyes on me!

Start from the beginning

Maybe I'm seeing things. This place is crowded, I must've mistaken a female for her! It's too early for her to appear. She comes later in the storyline.

I was currently huddled up right onto Sebastian's chest. I hid away from the crowd filled with many orcs. Sebastian placed his arms around me. He completely embraced me while looking around, feeling wary.

Whenever I take the slightest peeks I see many eyes traveling my way. Most were beastmen glancing with curiosity. While some were females looking with menacing stares. I hate being in crowded places. It feels so uncomfortable knowing that the room was totally filled to the brim. There were hundreds of orcs. The room inside the palace was spacious but I kept seeing glares coming my way. Mostly from females who I know might dislike me.

I couldn't hear what the females were murmuring about. But I know that they must be talking badly. I can feel negative vibes coming off. Just the way they glare at me while talking to the other females. I could hear some murmurs of them talking about me.

"Was it my appearance? My hair color?" I thought, feeling confused.

*** 3rd POV

The trio that stood at the edge of the room watched the murmuring crowd. Raymond and Sebastian growled after hearing the many whispers about Maxine. They could clearly hear the many conversations just from their beastly ears. 

Maxine being the only female with white hair was obvious and with them being stuck inside. They knew many orcs would start talking once seeing her. After all, most land orcs have average hair colors and it was rare to find orcs who have bright colored hair.

Sebastian and Raymond protectively huddled around her to block off any wandering eyes that were looking their way.

Out of nowhere a leopard beastmen appeared. He met eyes with Sebastian who only looked at the leopard. This made the leopard shrink like an ant when he felt the jaguar's deadly aura filling the air.

In the leopard's mind, he thought of his orange eyes burning through resembling a monster. His fight or flight kicked in and right now the only thing he wanted to do is run. He really wanted to run as far away as he could. However, the leopard was unable to as the Ape king commanded him to send a message to the monster in front of him.

"What"

" P-please f-follow me. The Ape king requested a special room. H-he wants you to attend the m-meeting today" The leopard said bowing down.

"Tell the Ape king I will come later" Sebastian sighed.

"That old geezer, why does he drag me along?! Like I even want to attend meetings. Doesn't he know I'm on a break?!" He sarcastically murmured under his breath. Sebastian was tired of going to these boring meetings. Just to sit and stand there while the Ape king talks the whole time. When Sebastian tries to get out the Ape king would only drag him back.

"But you have to go, its-"

Just as the leopard was about to speak, he was interrupted by Sebastian who only stared at him. It made the leopard male stopped and shrivel seeing his menacing face. He thought that any second he would die. His body shivered a lot while distancing himself away like a scared cat in the corner.

In reality, it was all in the leopard's imagination. He was the coward who is afraid of the jaguar's strength. Never once did Sebastian harshly yell at him. Sebastian had talked to the scared leopard normally with no aggression whatsoever.

The leopard's actions made Sebastian frown, narrowing his eyes at the scared cat in the corner. He sighed and rubbed his forehead.

" Tell him I will go later, "