good morning love (Cheol x Joshua)

Cheol didn't know how long it has been since he slept last, being awake all day, every day is exhausting. He needs to sleep, but he just doesn't have any time at all. He often found himself zoning out on his laptop, nearly drifting into sleep before he snaps awake.

Yet again, he sat awake, fidgeting with different sounds and crafting different rhythms. It was exhausting, nothing seemed to sound right.

He was in Jihoon's studio, Hoshi and him already went to bed. Time flew past him, feeling like no progress was made. He had at least 20 different tabs open, sticky notes covered the monitors, several crumbled up and thrown to the side. He felt himself start to drift off again, seeing black as his eyes fell closed. He gently rested his head on his hand, leaning into it.

Seungcheol snapped up, fixing his posture as he straightened himself again. He slapped his cheek a couple times, trying to wake himself up.

He scribbled some shit on another note, sticking it to his monitor. Cheol looked at the time on his computer, it being 3am. He needed to stay awake, if he didn't get progress done, the whole day would be a waste.

He checked the time several more times afterwards, counting down the minutes until his boyfriend, Joshua, would wake up. He should be in bed with him by now, asleep, cuddled up in his arms. Yet he couldn't, he shouldn't fall asleep yet. It was only 3:30am now, he needs to get more done.

Eventually, Cheol just shut off his phone, placing a note over the clock on his computer. It's better if he doesn't know how much time has passed.

His goals were to find a decent rhythm, then tweak it later. All he has are ideas, Nothing he's actually liked yet. All he needs to do is find one, just one thing he likes.

God knows how much time has passed now, he narrowed things down to two ideas, but he didn't really like either of them. His headphones blocked out all noise, concealing him from the outside world.

A light, almost unnoticeable pressure touched his shoulder, making Cheol jump backwards, his headphones slipping off his head. He turned around quickly, seeing Joshua Infront of him. He was wearing one of Seungcheol's hoodies, dried tears running down his cheeks. His eyes were watery, cheeks red, the rest of his features pale.

Cheol quickly stood up, taking the younger deep in his arms. He cuddled deep into Shua's shoulder, eyes pinched closed.

"I... I had a nightmare... I woke up and you weren't there, and I got sad..." Guilt was all Cheol could feel, he let his work get in the way of his relationship again, and now Shua was crying in his arms.

"I'm so, so sorry Jisoo... Before you go to bed I'll make sure I'm with you, I promise... Im so sorry..." Shua slowly shook his head no, pulling out of Cheol's arms.

"It's okay, I don't think I can go back to sleep, so... can I... Maybe... Sit on your lap... while you work?" Josh looked away from Cheol, pulling his sleeves over his hands.

"Awww, hunny... Of course you can..." Cheol smiled, sitting back down. He gently patted his lap, shua filling the space. He slowly sat down, thighs softly sinking into Seungcheol's lap. He wrapped his arms around the younger's warmth, holding him close.

"You wanna talk about it?" Cheol spun his chair around, facing his computer screen again.

"Mmmh... I thought I lost you... N' when I woke up, and you weren't with me... I was so scared... Then I remembered you were in here, god Hyung... I'm so pathetic huh?" Cheol felt more tears soak his hoodie, making the spot under the boys face wet with his tears.

"No, no you're not pathetic, I'm so sorry, I should go to sleep, I don't wanna leave you ever again..." Shua shook his head no, placing a soft kiss to Seungcheol's shoulder.