Chapter 7: The Debt

Recap:

"Listen to me! You don't get it! I owed them too much by that point, and when word got out that you got arrested because of me, I couldn't get out! I tried Chris, I swear I did, but I still owe them!" I heard Danny scream at who I assume was Chris.

Any normal person would have question what he owed what for, or who he owed it to, but since me and Ryan had that same argument once, I knew what that meant.

Danny was in a gang.

***********

Brittany's POV:

I was kind of surprised to hear that Danny, out of all people, was in a gang and sells drugs. He seemed too innocent for his own good.

"Danny... How much did you owe them? I thought you were just selling at school, what kind of shit did you get into? Answer me! How much?!" I heard Chris ask angrily.

"Chill out, I'm almost done with my debt-"

"That's not what I fucking asked!" I hope that Chris doesn't get violent with poor Danny. I made the same mistake, and I also got kicked out of the house. But Ryan wouldn't let me go alone, and since he wasn't going to college and we were in on it together, he came with me and we bought an apartment together.

"I owed them... $20,000..."

HOLY. CRAP. Not even I had owed that much, I only owed $3,000.

Springing out of the bed and forgetting about my hangover, I burst through the door right before Chris pulled his fist back to punch Danny.

"Chris, don't!" I yelled and rushed over to them in time to pull Chris off Danny, since he had him pinned to the ground. "Cool down, Chris! We all make mistakes, and he's paying it off-"

"No one makes mistakes that costs them $20,000 fucking dollars, especially not at that age, dammit!" I had to hold him back with all my strength for him not to beat his face in.

"He's your brother, Chris! Try to listen to his side of the story, please! Don't hurt him!" I don't even know why I'm even trying to help him out, if I was Chris I would beat him up, too. I guess I felt bad for him.

After a little while, Chris finally calmed down and we got him to sit down on his bed next to me while Danny sat on the desk chair.

"Explain, now."

***********

Danny's POV:

When Brittany finally got Chris to calm down, I started to get nervous. I didn't want him to find out about my debt, and today really wasn't a good to piss him off.

"Explain, now." That was my queue to start the story.

*FLASHBACK*

"I know boss, I'll make sure that the truck gets to its destination, I promise! You have nothing to worry about," I said to my boss on the phone.

"You better not fail me, Danny. I took a long shot in putting you in charge of this, one mistake and you're not getting out. I don't care what you have to do, just get it done!" he barked at my.

Jeez, it's not like I'm going to still the damn product!

"Yes sir."

50 minutes into the drive...

"Hey man, you were supposed to get off at the last exit, you missed it! Turn around, we need to get this truck to Illinois tonight!" I yelled at the driver next to me.