Friendship

As weeks go by, he protects me and we become best friends. One day just like any other I'm walking to my class and someone trips me, it's the school bully, Marcus sees this happen and he comes running to help me up and walk me to the principals office. He sits there until he knows I'm ok.

Days later it was my 11th birthday, I was having a fun party with kids from school then the doorbell rings I go open it and it's him, he gives me a big hug and he says "happy birthday Alice". I invite him in and we hang out, eat cake and chill in my room watching a movie. His dad comes in and says it's time for him to go home, so we hug and he goes home. A few months go by.

Marcus came over for a sleep over, and we were laying in bed and I was cold so he out the blanket over me. I started to cry and he asked "what's wrong", so I tell him I can't handle the bulling. He said "why don't we tell your parents about the bullying". We go down and tell my parents, my parents thank him for helping me speak up. Marcus's birthday was coming up and he was having a pool party, I got my bikini and put on a dress over the top and walked over to his house and when I entered he greeted me and said pools out back and showed me the way. I sat outside waiting for home while talking to some people. He walks outside in some shorts and says to everyone "let's go swimming". So I get up and take off my dress and he looks at me and says "wow your really pretty", I say "thank you".

After swimming for a bit we all get out and go have cake and have fun. He pulls me aside and says " your birthday is in a week and I want you to have your first kiss with me on your birthday". I look at him and I try to talk but I can't let the words out I'm speechless and stuttering. I walk away and go home not knowing what to say. After days pass and my parents tell me that we're moving cause my dad got a job opportunity somewhere else. On my 12th birthday I'm packing and putting my belongings into a truck. Marcus approached me and asked "what's going on", I say " we're moving". He looks upset and walks away and that was the last time we talked or even seen each other.