The beautiful boy

I was 10 the first time I met the beautiful boy next door with big brown eyes, blonde floppy hair, and a grin that lit his face up like the sun. It was a day like any other, Mum shuffled me outside and that's when I saw him, Marcus. I could hear the tinkering of his dad out in the garage as the boy walks over to the fence.
It's not until he's opening the mailbox that I realise he has no idea I'm there, standing, watching. I start to feel a little uncomfortable, not sure how to introduce myself to the new kid on the street, and when I finally steel my spine and am ready to walk up and introduce myself, he looks at me.

My footsteps stutter to a halt at the look he gives me, like he's unsure of himself and, almost, like he's scared of me. Before I can open my mouth, he's turning and running inside. The door slamming behind him is deafening. I get upset and slowly drag myself back into my house and close the door while look out to see if he's looking.

Days pass and I haven't seen him, I get up and get ready for school as I walk out my front door I see him, when he sees me he puts his head down and walks away. As time goes by school has now ended and I'm walking home and realise he is behind me, I look forward and keep walking he runs up to me and puts his hand on my shoulder and says "I'm sorry for the other day I was scared to met you". I smiled at him. " it's ok why don't we start we over my name is Alice" then he says " my name is Marcus". Then we walk up the street just talking and then we part ways. After dinner I go upto my room and look out my window I see him peeking out his window I wave and he waves back.