𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐗

Start from the beginning

"Sounds like sabotage." concludes Saturday crisply.

"There are no rules in the Poe Cup, and he is a siren, which makes him master of the water." considers Ethan.

"Then we just need to beat him at his own game." says Saturday indifferently, turning his head to look back at his teammate.

☟☟☟

The day of the Poe Cup quickly arrived. The sun shone brightly against the pure blue sky over the castle-like academy surrounded by a forest of trees with dark green, spring green, auburn, yellow and orange coloured leaves and a wide lake.

Making their way to Ethan, Saturday and Misaki walk past Bianco Barclay, who gives them an arrogant smirk.

"We're all set." Ethan leans in close to Saturday as he says excitedly.

"Good luck, Master Saturday and Mr. Sinclair." Misaki gives a low bow.

"I would love it if you could cheer for us Misaki." says Ethan excitedly as he gives her a wink.

"Good. Thing's in position." returns Saturday with slightly furrowed brows.

"Wanna tell me what you two were up to all night?" asks Ethan curiously.

"And spoil the surprise?" says Saturday emotionlessly.

Ethan suddenly grins widely.

"Speaking of surprises, your costume's in the tent." The werewolf's voice vibrates with excitement as he smiles toothily and edges closer to Saturday, their shoulders touching.

"Costume?" questions Saturday, a hint of surprise in his cold voice.

Saturday flings open the flaps of the black and white striped tent as he steps out in an all black skin tight full bodysuit, with lighter grey shade lining and decorations and black (wolf) pup (Saturday prefers to refer to them as 'Caninae') ears on his black floppy hair. (Ethan deliberately didn't tell him they were actually wolf ears, that he intended Saturday to be a wolf, to mess with him.)

"HOLY SHIT, you look pawsitively perfect!" compliments Ethan in his black skin tight full body suit with bright blue lining, black fox ears, drawn black nose and filled black eyebrows, black lips, black eyeliner and drawn on whiskers

"HOLY SHIT, you look pawsitively perfect!" compliments Ethan in his black skin tight full body suit with bright blue lining, black fox ears, drawn black nose and filled black eyebrows, black lips, black eyeliner and drawn on whiskers. Misaki stood beside Ethan and nods. He paws cutely at Saturday. The boy in black looks pensively away from the two of them. "Only thing, where are your whiskers?" Ethan complains.

 "Ask again, and you will woof no more." Saturday says menacingly as he looks directly at Ethan. His teammate only grinned.

A rousing fanfare plays as teams get into position out on the lake. The spectators, students and teachers alike are crowded around 4 tents. The far left one: black and white striped, next to it a red and white striped tent, Ajax's team in front, then an indigo and white striped tent, which had Saturday and Ethan's canoe in front and lastly, a yellow and white striped tent, Bianco Barclay's team was stationed in front. At the very back, a blue and indigo striped team stood between the clearing of two luscious green leaved trees, students continuing to pour out of it.