Chapter Four

I never really cared about anything enough to dread it. But this morning, I was dreading going to school more than anything.

It's not like a had a problem with school or anything, school was a nice change of scenery after seeing the same four walls in my bedroom all weekend. But I do have a problem with Sebastian Weathers, who I would be attending school with once again.

I knew the prank was behind us, but neither me or Sebastian had forgotten it. Friday after our talk in my kitchen, he left, and I haven't seen him since. I was hoping that maybe I would never have to see him again. Then Monday came, and I knew I would have to drag my self out of bed and ride the bus to the school Sebastian Weathers and I now shared.

I think about laying in bed, and telling my Mother I'm sick, but then I would have to hear Lisa's lecture on running away from problems. So slowly I slide out of my bed and stand up.

When we moved and I transfered to Kennedy Charter High, it was like I got a chance to start over. No one seen me as The Green Giant. I was just Sam Hall, the new girl. Execpt for teachers, no one really has bothered to talk to me, and I don't blame them. I keep my head down, and sit in the back in all my classes, careful not to bring any attention to myself. I do all my work, and pass my test to avoid any confrontation with teachers. I've done a pretty good job at going without notice, and Sebastian Weathers will no doubt mess that up for me.

As I walk up my driveway to catch the bus, I catch sight of Sebastian and Isabelle getting into separate cars next door. It must be nice, having your own car to drive wherever you want. I got my license during my junior year, and after a whole summer of babysitting jobs I finally made enough money to buy my own car. Unfortunately around that time, my mother lost yet another job and my car cash was needed to pay bills. That day I was promised I would be payed back, but it never was brought up again.

I kick rocks as I walk up my driveway,causing my shoes to become covered in dust. I watch as the Weathers siblings pull out of their driveway one after another. As Sebastian passes my driveway, I can't help but watch him. When he looks up, he catches me staring, and he gives me a half wave and looks forward. I put my head down.

"Do you need a ride?"

When I look up, I see Isabelle stopped in the middle of the road a few feet away from me. I just opened my mouth, unsure of what to say.

"You might not want to say no, I seen the bus pass your house about five minutes ago." She just glanced at me as she said this. I had no doubt she was just offering me a ride because Mr.Weathers or Marie told her to. But I couldn't turn down her ride either, my Mother left for work at four in the morning and I had no other way to school.

"Okay." I approached her car and start to walk towards the backseat.

"I'm not a chauffeur, get in the front like a normal person."

"Okay. "

After five minutes of silence Isabelle turned on the radio. Some loud, obnoxious pop music I couldn't place a name to blared through the speakers . I guess she could tell I didn't like it because of my expression, and over the music she shouted, "What's your deal?"

"What?"

"What's your deal?I don't know. You just act super weird." When I look at her she wasn't smiling or anything. I don't think she was intending to be mean.

"I don't have a deal."

"Everybody has a deal." As she said this, she picked up her phone with one hand, and began typing without taking her eyes off the road.

"Well my deal is to live, so could you not text and drive?" I instantly regretted saying it, but it was to late. I prayed in my head that she wouldn't ruin my life. Someone who looks as good as Isabelle, with as much money as she has could definitely ruin my life. She would instantly be popular the moment she steps into school.

But Isabelle didn't cuss me out, or call me names. She just laughed and said, "That's the most I've ever heard you say"

—————————————————————————————————————————————————

By the time I walked into second period, I hadn't seen Sebastian but I had heard about him.

During first period I asked to go to the bathroom to get away from all the Sebastian talk I was sick of hearing. Unfortunately while I was in a stall two girls walked in.

"Have you seen the new guy? He's so hot?"

"I heard he got kicked out of school from sleeping

with his teacher."

"I heard he slept with three teachers!"

"It's a shame he wasn't here to sleep with me."

It was sad really, the whole school was treating Sebastian just like they did at his old one and it was just the start of second period. I made my way to the back of the room and sat down. Unsurprisingly , the two girls in front of me were gossiping about Sebastian.

I began flipping through my Biology notes when the two girls in front of me gasped.

The blonde girl said, "He's here!"

When I looked up, Sebastian Weathers himself was standing in front of the room. I looked around silently praying there was another open seat besides the one directly behind mine. Thankfully there was one beside Sandra Leigh, who was the current cheer captain and always showed way to much cleavage. No doubt Sebastian would sit beside her rather than behind me.

As I predicted, at the sound of the late bell, Sebastian walked over and took a seat next to Sandra.

"Alright class, listen up." Mr.Todd clapped his hands trying to get everyones attention. He wasn't getting much luck from the girls in the classroom. They we're all to busy drooling over Sebastian. I couldn't help but notice Sandra was bent over as she talked to Sebastian, showing more cleavage added to what her push up bra already created.

Apparently Mr.Todd noticed to because he cleared his throat and said, "Mr.Weathers , I'm certainty pleased you have made a friend."

That comment received a giggle from Sandra and a smirk from Sebastian . But when Sandra noticed the glares she was getting, it quieted her Even I could feel the jealousy every other girl had towards Sandra.

"Alright class, today we're going to work on our projects." Mr.Todd said . "Remember today is our last class day to work on these. So take it among yourself to meet after school and free period to work on these. This project is twenty percent of your final grade, so make it count."

Not even two seconds after he finished speaking, Sandra's hand shot up.

"Yes Sandra?"

"I'll be Sebastians partner." Sandra said as she giggled."Because he's new and everything."

"Nonsense, your already working with Lindsey Sebastian can be Samantha's partner." As Mr.Todd said this, I felt twenty set of eyes turn towards me. "She doesn't have a partner either. Is that a problem with you Samantha?"

All eyes on me. I couldn't say anything so I just nodded.

"Perfect." Everyone took their eyes off me and began moving around to find their partner. Sandra sat and pouted while Lindsey slid her desk towards her.