3

It's been a week since Hasumi enrolled at Oya High

It's been a week since Hasumi enrolled at Oya High. She's truly done her best to keep out of the drama that is these men and their stupid fight club. Most of her time was spent on the roof or one of the abandoned classrooms on the 3rd floor. It wasn't easy to keep out of trouble though. She'd apparently caught the attention of a student who was in the same grade as her because of her new found acquaintanceship with Murayama. During the past couple of days she was taught the ways of the school and how it all worked.

Hasumi jumped at the noise from down below. She crouched near the window and peeked at the commotion down below. Her eyes widened as one of the unfamiliar faces set fire to the Oya High tapestry that hung on a gate at the side of the building. Her breathing picked up as others set more of their surroundings on fire. She watched them leave, one of them stayed back, smiling at the damage they caused. His eyes wandered along the windows until they met Hasumi's, her eyes bulged out, instantly recognizing him. The brunette shook his head and walked away.

Not many hours had passed but the sun was just about setting. Hasumi let out a breath as she rapidly blinked away the tears that burned at the base of her eyes. She ran a hand down her face and stood up. Her head snapped towards the door as a frantic Murayama made his way into the room, "You're not hurt....good." She observed his body language, easily making out that he was worried, he had a bit of blood on his hands but she could tell it was from an outside source from the lack of fresh injuries on him.

The teen nodded. "Yeah...I'm fine." Murayama huffed, "What in the hell happened? Who attacked the school?" Hasumi let out a shaky breath before answering.

"Doubt."

None of the full-time students returned to school after that. The next 2 weeks were just about waiting patiently to hear word from Murayama or the others to know that they could come back to school. Hasumi spent her days trying to distract herself from the memory of Doubt that had crept its way back into her mind, playing with her dreams as if her mind was a playground. "I'm worried about you." Aijirō said as he laid in his sister's embrace. Hasumi had woken up to him shaking her out of her nightmare. "You don't need to...the scary people won't get me again. I promise."

It's been 2 days since coming back to school. Hasumi's 'shadow' classmate and his two companions easily noticed the difference in her mood and behavior. She was more tense than usual and the prominent bags beneath her eyes told a greater story. On their first day back he introduced himself to her, his name was Todoroki Yosuke, his friends were named Shibaman and Tsuji. As time went on he tried to make her feel comfortable around them, which did help a bit in the sense of him giving her something else to focus on. Soon enough the once trio became a quartet.

"I still don't get it." Tsuji complained, throwing himself on his arms that were laid on the desk, "It's simple...do you not remember the lesson?" He shook his head causing Todoroki to sigh, "You're an idiot." He grabbed Tsuji's packet and looked over his work. "Todoroki." Shibaman called from his spot next to Hasumi, "Hm?" "You're not thinking of confronting Murayama still are you?" Hasumi switched her gaze to Todoroki's face, she knew right then and there what his answer was going to be.

"You do realize that even if you win or lose it still won't change his mind," Hasumi put forth, "Murayama is stubborn but he's also an adult. Apparently Cobra from Sannoh got on him for bringing kids to a grown ups fight." Todoroki met her gaze, searching for something other than the truth. His jaw clenched, "Me wanting to fight him isn't just because of me wanting to join in on other SWORD related fights. I want to become Oya High School's TOP."

Shibaman and Tsuji shared a glance not liking the tension that was slowly building in the room. They each tapped one of them to get their attention, "Can we talk about this later?" Tsuji asked, "Yeah...we should focus on the packet. It's due on Tuesday." Hasumi decided to let it go for today, she was way too tired to hear the same 'I want to be #1.' speech.

Several hours passed and Hasumi was beginning to grow tired. Her eyelids dropped every couple of minutes and her pace became sluggish. She looked at herself in the mirror after splashing some water on her face in hopes to wake herself up. "You can keep going. You got this. Just make it to 7." She kept repeating the same words to herself, rubbing her hands together and running them down her face. Hasumi walked out and reunited with her newfound friends. 

A/N: I added a little snippet from High&Low 3: Final Mission here. I was going to upload this chapter yesterday but my internet was out. There will be a bit of a jump next chapter! We'll finally head into High&Low The Worst. I hope you enjoy! Pls don't be a silent reader!