Chapter 13: Cruel Humans

Next Day
"Three people sleeps in this tent?" Chiyeol asked.

"It looks small for even two." Dukjung said while peaking through the tent.

"Only Dukjung will fit in this." Jangsoo claimed.

Dukjung made the tent fall while coming out.

"No!" They both shouted.

"This isn't a tent, this is a rag." Youngshin shook his head.

"Anyways, we're doomed. Tae man is going to take up this whole space." Soochul put his hands on his hip.

"Stop complaning! This is a fun activity compared to the drills." Tae man got up to pin down the other side of the tent, "Be optimistic and consider it as camping." He failed to pin it down as he groaned, "Fuck! It isn't going in. This is so messed up."He stomped on his feet.

"Stop complaining. It's a fun activity." I teased him.

"You come here." He was walking toward me with the shovel.

"Yujung!" I hid behind Yujung.

"The group that fails will have to take it apart and start over." Yujung pushed Tae man to go
back."These are the tents that we'll use in the actual war so stop fooling around. Take this seriously!"

"I fixed it so don't trip on it." Yeonju was leaving when Soonyi tripped on it.

"Yahhh Soonyi!"

"Class President, I can't be in this group!"

"It's like they're crying for milk." Bora scoffed.

"That boy from another school was cute. He asked
me for my phone number." Hana smiled.

"But you don't even have a phone." I said making Hana pout.

"What about the boy in Class one?" Bora asked.

"I ended it. I can't date a boy who hasn't even held a rifile. Men who don't even how to use gun are little boys to me now." Hana said proudly.

"Whatever. You do it, I'm done." Bora got up.

"How can I do it when you can't?" Hana whined.

"Let me try it." I got up and pinned it down.

"Woah!"

"Aesol, Hold it properly."

Aesol fell on the tent.

"What's the matter with you!" Soyoon yelled.

"I'm sorry."

"Hold onto it!" Soyoon shouted.

Chiyeol was watching the spheres on the sky when I decided to approach him.

"Hi, Chiyeol."

"Oh, hey."

"Why are you here alone?"

"I wonder when this war will end." He turned around, "They aren't discharging us anytime soon, right?"

"This isn't what is important right now. There's something more important coming and I need your help with it."

"What it is, you're making me scared..."

"It's about Mr.Lee..."

Meanwhile...

"Unfortunetly, we have lost more than 50% of our students. Most of the spheres are crowed in city and there are less in suburbs."

"The spheres are weak in cold so let's wait until winter-"

"If the large sphere drops as we wait and we all die!" The head officer banged his hands on the table.
"What's the use of Student Reserve Forces?" He smirked.

Mr.Lee looked at him in amusement.

"The military and the people are well aware of your hardwork. You are the proud son and daughters who will protect this nation from these aliens. Have pride in it."

"Pride my foot." I mumbled.

Chiyeol placed his finger before pursed lips to hush me as I looked at him boringly.

"What do you think he want to say that it's taking so long to build up." Tae man raised his eyebrows.

"To make us continue killing the spheres, what else." I scoffed.

"No way..."

"Yah be positive."

"Probably, he's sending us home."

"I'm worried."

Youngso was listening to our conversation by peaking behind us. I nudged him with my elbow as he backed up and cleared his throat.

"I'll make the important annoucement. The reservists of the second platoon, class 3-2 of Sungjin High School will carry out an opperation of killing the spheres."

Everyone gasped as Tae man looked at me with widened eyes.

"What nonsense is this?"

"Are you going to war?"

"No way!"

"I thought we were going home."

"It makes no sense."

"Quiet!!" He shouted as he signaled Mr.Lee to continue. Mr.Lee moved infront of us.

"We will leave the camp tommorow and carry out the clean-up operation. We'll go the residential areas and eliminate all the spheres."

"What about the CSAT?" Youngsoo raised his hands.

"You will take the CSAT as scheduled. Not only you'll get extra credits, you'll be returned to your family."

"Crap." I rolled my eyes.

"Dismissed."

"Humans are scarier than the spheres."