03| what the hell

03| what the hell
sophia's pov

"Sophia! I'm so so sorry." Davika says as she walks to my table, with her fiancé following suit. I get up from my seat, giving her a hug.

"No, no it's actually good we were able to reschedule" I said.

Davika's fiance, Trob who I've talked to over the phone today pulls out her seat. And she gives a warm smile before sitting opposite of me and Trob beside her. Trob reaches for her hand resting on the table and intertwines his fingers around hers. Davika blushes at him and he gives her a smile smile. I look away not wanting to intrude on their little moment.

"Still, I'm sorry we couldn't meet for lunch today. By the time I woke up I knew I wouldn't make it in time to meet you. Jet lag I tell you." She said gently squeezing my hand as a 'sorry.'

"It's good you had some rest, because I-" stopping midway, I turn the binder filled with wedding ring designs, to her.

"-have designs that I know you'll love, you won't be able to decide which one you want without proper rest." I said, winking at her. She eyes lit up as she looks that the design before her and quickly turns the pages to the binder.

"Sophia... you're so fast!" Davika said and looks at her fiancé with doe eyes. He gives her a loving look as well.

So cute.

Davika and Trob looked so in love, I was curious to their story.

"So Davika, how did you two meet?" I said taking a sip of my water. Davika stops midway of drinking her water but someone beats her to my question.

"I'll answer that." Trob says and I look at him, curiously.

He clears his voice and winks at his fiancé, "Davika and I have grown up together. We weren't exactly lovey dovey but more.... like we hated eachother?" He said and looks at Davika and she chuckles, agreeing with him. I was even more curious.

"We went to the same school since we were children and our families are very close. I would say I've known her since her braces an phase. Davika ended up studying in New York for college while I stayed in Bangkok. Two years into college, I got the oppurtunity to do a summer internship here in New York, and one thing led to another, I met Davika again." He said squeezing her hand.

Davika continues, "We actually haven't seen eachother since high school. Coincidently, or so I thought, he moved in the studio in my complex. I had a complete glow up after high school. I actually recognized Trob when I first met him in the elevator of our complex but he didn't recognize me. That's because the last time he saw me was when I was still in braces and red glasses faze. He hit on me and I played along as a little joke for a good two weeks. Originally, I thought he would leave me alone when he stopped texting me for a few days but-"

"I tricked her all along. I actually knew who she was, I mean who can forget these beautiful brown eyes." Trob said, giving her peck on the cheek. She gasps lightly and lightly hits him on the chest for the PDA.

"Yup, this handsome jerk made me think he forgot all about me. So he played with me for a good two weeks until one early morning on my birthday he knocked on my door and said..." she trails off looking at him with a glint of love in her eyes.

"C̄hạn khidt̄hụng khuṇ s̄ī̀ tā." He looks at her warmly. I didn't understand what he said but I knew it meant something to the couple in front of me.