Chapter 18: The Pod

Comincia dall'inizio

"What? What numbskull leaves their car unlocked, vacant, and still running?" Michael replied, reaching in to search.

"Maybe we should take it back to the gems." Steven said.

"And leave this spicy nugget for 'em to forget about?" Michael asked, pulling a USB drive out of the console of the pod.

"Why does an alien piece of tech have a USB?" Robert asked

"Who cares, we should get this to the gems now." Steven said "It could be important."

"Alright, but I'm keepin' the thumb drive" Michael replied, picking the whole pod up with one arm.

The townspeople looked on in shock as the young boy walked past with the metal orb, Steven feeling uneasy as they walked to the warp pad.

Robert whispered to Michael "Mike, I don't think they know we have these powers."

Michael rolled his eyes and pretended to struggle as he sat the round pod down and began rolling it away.

Steven quickly warped the boys as the townspeople began to whisper, Michael rolling the giant pod into Steven's room at the temple.

The boys decided to leave the ball alone and start up some super smash bros. Unbeknownst to the boys something took form inside the ball, finally reforming after crashing into earth.

Robert was the first to notice, taking up arms and notifying Michael and Steven.

As the gem took form, the boys made it clear that whoever was in the pod was in for a rude awakening.

A triangle shaped thing peaked out, quickly ducking back into the pod as it spotted the kids. The pod rose from the floor shakily, before landing on 4 feet.

Michael quickly punched a hole in the pod, dragging the gem out into the living room.

"Who are you?" Michael growled, holding her by the shirt collar.

Lily rushed over at that moment, breaking the door open with her arm cannon ready.

The small gem didn't speak, but grabbed at Michael's pocket.

Michael pulled out the USB with the other hand and tossed it to Steven.

Robert decided to play good cop.

"Listen, it will be much easier for us to get you where you need to go if you'll simply cooperate." He said.

The gem was about half the size of the boys, their gem being a smooth object lodged in their shoulder. It still didn't speak, kicking as Michael refused to put them down.

Michael smacked the gem with his free hand. "You gonna talk or what?"

The gem groaned, but still didn't say a word.

Michael was about to slap the gem again, but Robert stopped him.

"I don't think that's helping"

"You do it, then" Michael replied, holding the gem up to Robert, who attempted telepathy.

"Forgive my brother. We merely want to know who you are and what you're doing here. If you're lost, we can repair your ship. We're heroes, not murderers." He said.

The gem motioned to the empty spot in the control panel, trying to explain their predicament.

Steven put the USB stick in the hole, wondering what would happen.

A map displayed, but it was different from anything the boys had ever seen. It showed a flat land, split perfectly horizontally. The top was a stretch of plains not far from beach city but below held qa strange greyscale land with towering mountains that grew into the shape of a castle, a silhouette glowing deep within the fortress structure.

Robert attempted to enhance the castle mountain, thinking there was something of significance there. The silhouette began to form a recognizable shape, it was the woman from his nightmares, the one he saw tortured over and over again.

Robert immediately fell back in a panic.

"Dude, what's got you so scared?" Michael replied.

"Th- That's- th-tha-that-that's..." he stammered. "That's mom-."

"I thought she was dead-." Micheal said

"No, she's just stuck in the dark realm." Robert replied.

"Wait, we've been there before, there wasn't a castle there when me and Dad went there." Steven added. "We only saw mountains"

The little gem made a few more motions, as the map shifted to a phrase on the stone face of the mountain.

Robert and Michael couldn't make heads or tails of any of it,

"When the sacredmelody is played,the castle shall be displayed"

"When the sacred
melody is played,
the castle shall
be displayed"

Steven read aloud.

"How could you read it?" Michael asked.

"You mean you never had to write cursive?" Steven asked. "It doesn't matter. Where can we find this melody?"

The green gem then showed an image of a lone gem in a garden long claimed by time. Robert immediately recognized the gem and the garden, and nearly rushed to the Warp Pad with Steven and Michael.

"Come on, I'll explain on the way!" He said, as Steven used the warp pad to warp to the Galaxy Warp.

"So you're saying that there's a lone gem just sitting in some garden in space who can help us?" Steven asked

"Yes!" Robert replied immediately.

"And you expect us to believe you?" Michael replied.

"I don't see you using telepathy or moving things with your mind." Robert replied, getting seemingly uncharacteristically snippy.

"If she can help us let's just find her." Steven said, sending them off.