Pedophilic love?

Damien's POV

I don't know what I was expecting yesterday when we arrived but it was not a warm welcome. Besides that, I've never seen my mate look so giddy and excited to wake up. Demetria gave me nothing more than a simple greeting of acknowledgment which I guess is more than enough.

Whereas she, Jasmine and Scarlett were catching up, Nora and Stone introduced me to Demetria's most trusted friends, well, Nora introduced me. Stone doesn't like people as usual.

What I was shocked about was the human Demetria was sparring with, he was introduced as Jandrèi. Now I know it's not my place but from the way he was looking at Demetria, he is very smitten and is definitely not hiding it. Although from his accent, I recognized he was Russian.

We got along either way, along with Rue, Phillip and Nora. Although from what I've seen, he is oblivious to why Demetria doesn't like me heck he's even shocked I'm a vampire so that's why I'm confused that he's here. He's like a human that was raised and lived amongst humans, unseasoned and uncooked fresh meat that knows nothing about us except what he's been told. Why is he here?

"Tell me something, Jandrèi, how are you even part of this place if you're not a Fae?" I asked him holding my cup of hot chocolate.

Today was oddly cold unlike yesterday, although I was glad because I'm not the biggest fan of heat. Right now I'm seated with just me, my mate, Jandrèi, Nora and Phillip. The rest went to work.

"On my vacation?" He says as he takes a bite of his muffin. "I'm only here for a week until, Krasivyy kicks me out. For reasons that are too private, for me to tell you." He explains honestly.

The nickname he gave her bothers me very much. I can't exactly be acting like a big brother anyway because she doesn't want me to.

"Oh? But Demetria trusts us." My mate replies.

"If she did, I'm assuming she would've told you why I'm here." He says. He makes a good point, she trusts us but I guess some things are too private.

"Speaking of trust," We all turned to where the voice of a mature young adult comes from. I swear I will never get used to how her voice changed. "Damien, can we talk?"

My heart started quickening at the mention of my name from her, I thought she would let us warm up here before we have to talk, shit I am not ready. I turned my head so I was facing her, her face held no emotion so it was hard bro read, I nodded in answer and she turned around. Fuck.

I assume Scarlett saw my reaction and obvious fear when she called my name which is why she was rubbing my arm in encouragement. Here goes nothing...

~~~

Jandrèi's POV

I guess I finally got to meet Krasivyy's brother and her sister in law and supposed old best friend. I was confused as to how and why it suddenly got emotional when the red hair girl hugged her. Her face turned as red as her hair and she was like a little girl that finally got what she wanted. Which is Krasivyy.

If this girl was in her past, maybe I might get something about her since she's so closed off. All I know is that she had a fall out with her brother but her brother married her best friend and I guess she hasn't been seeing either of them. My theory would be a typical friend that doesn't want to mix her friends with family and blamed it on the brother when he and her friend started dating of something but it's too petty for Krasivyy to be partaking in such childishness, but then again, she was a teenager back then right?

"So can I ask you a question?" Phillip asks Scarlett taking me out of my thoughts.

"Yeah sure." She responded calmly.

"How does it feel to have an ancient dick?!" He whisper shouted. As soon as he said that word my eyes widened. I know Phillip says anything he wants, he has absolutely no filter and right now I'd rather talk about anything but men's genitalia.

"O..kay let's not talk about that?" I stop this whatever unholy stuff Phillip was about to start.

"Oh come on! He's like 3 centuries old and you wouldn't want to know?" Phillip says. I was shocked at the age rather than the question whilst Scarlett was a laughing mess.

"Phillip? Please. I don't want to know their personal stuff. Wait centuries??" I say in reply. Did Krasivyy lie about her age then? I get confused the more i know about her world.

"Too bad! I do. Now chirp birdie." He says ignoring me and I rolled my eyes. He's unbelievable!

"No he's right, I don't talk about my private stuff with my mate." She replied. The word still hasn't registered in my mind that it means anything else but friends.

"But I will say, he made me wait 2 freaking years because he wasn't comfortable with me being a teenager. He made me wait till I was 21!" She exclaims.

Wait he's centuries old and met her when she was a teenager? What type of pedophilic world is this?

"That is so mean! I couldn't even wait 90 days." Phillip replies. I don't get how he and Rue are together, he knows how to keep his mouth shut but Phillip definitely shouldn't be put in an interrogation room.

"I knowww. But it was worth the wait though, plus he married me before we even did anything more than kissing so I think I'm satisfied." She says flashing her diamond ring making Phillip get closer to admire it.

Despite hearing things I could've lived my life without hearing, the ring thing may have hit home. My mother and I talked very much about me getting married, I made a promise to her that by 25 I'll have built her a home and I would have a home of my own, with my wife and having my first child.

I built the home, finding someone who loves me unconditionally, it's really challenging. As for kids, I love them so much and I definitely want my own. I was thinking of settling when I was thirty, with Olivia because I adored her but my she got into a relationship during our break, then well I lost the will to want to be with her for a long time because I realized she didn't want to be with me for a long time.

I may be flirty but I'm actually a big simp, I love and I love showing how in love I am but I guess not everyone wants genuine love. But now things got complicated when my eyes landed on a certain woman with blue eyes and colour less hair. I can't stop thinking about her it drives me crazy.

Though I can't make of what she feels about me. Even if she did have feelings for me, she seems to be too invested and too married to her job to have time for relationships.

The more time I spend here, the more I realize it's gonna hurt to leave and day by day I'm feeling more for her. I don't know if she feels more for me. As far as I'm concerned, I've never had trouble getting a woman but this one in particular makes me doubt if I have chances with her.

With all these overwhelming thoughts, a sudden idea or question pops into my head.

"Hey, Scarlett." I say of which she hums in response,

"Tell me, about mates, how do you know you've truly found one?" I asked. She beamed at this showing she was ready and excited to explain.

.................................................................................

Hey guys here's a new chapter! Enjoy🫶🏽