And for what to hold the grudge now. Sufiyan was dead; that too in such a miserable way. But what mattered the most was he tried to ask for forgiveness. Even Allah SWT pardoned a sinner who looked for HIS mercy and kindness. She was still a human. A really small human yet she thought of herself as so big, God forbid.

Tabinda started shaking. What had she been doing all this while?

"Oh Allah, please forgive me," she mumbled as tears fell from her eyes.

Tabinda left the letter and slumped on Nisha's chair. Why was she keeping years-old adversary fresh? Her Nisha was affecting the most by this. She knew Nisha's happiness was linked to that guy's presence in her life. Nisha was still head over heels for him. His being the first and only person for her to call when Aliyan got injured proved it. She trusted him. She could see it in her daughter's eyes.

Should this hostility end? If not for this time, it would seep into generations. Aliyan and Eshal would hate one of their grandparents. They would transmit them to their children and it would just keep on going with no end.

And everything seemed squared for Tabinda now. She made Nisha hate Sufiyan and his family and Sufiyan made his son hate Sikandar and his family. They both did what their parents asked them. They became a chess piece in this game. What if Aliyan and Eshal would become the same?

But what mattered was Ruhaan and Nisha fell in love with each other in between this hatred of their parents. She had seen Nisha's love for him but she was aware of this fact as well that Ruhaan too loved Nisha so much. He tried his best to appease Nisha and gave her respect. Even he was gentle with Tabinda as well. When they both couldn't get a life partner better than each other, then why Tabinda should become a hurdle in between? For her, Nisha's happiness meant the most.

She wanted to do something before it would be too late. She needed to talk to Ruhaan Sufiyan Ahmad. But from where she should get his number? Something came into her mind and she opened the top drawer of Nisha's study table. Perhaps she could find something from here. She poked around the things with her hands. She felt something crumpled inside. Pushing away the papers aside, she discovered an old flower bouquet with rotten red roses. She knew they were Nisha's favorite.

A sticky note was still attached to the bouquet. Tabinda unwrapped it and her eyes skimmed over the text. It must be given by Ruhaan which Nisha was still keeping.

Leaving it aside, her eyes found something else. A crumpled business card of Ruhaan whose pieces were attached with tape. It just showed how Nisha had been breaking and slinging her heart. Trying to avoid him for her parent's sake yet couldn't stay away from him because of her heart.

Tabinda tried to make out Ruhaan's number from the card but it was so indistinguishable that nothing made sense. It looked like being torn and affixed many times.

Finally, a pink diary caught her attention. Maybe here she would find his number. She opened it and on the first page, she stopped. Here, Ruhaan's name and number were written with a red big heart at the end. The rest of Nisha's diary was filled with other contact numbers and some of her college work.

That meant Nisha still used that diary and still didn't rip that paper where Ruhaan's contact number was written. The untouchable heart in front of his name was enough to tell Tabinda that Nisha's heart still belonged to that guy.

                ___________________

This night, Nisha was sitting in the swing on the balcony with a book on her lap when Ruhaan entered from his side of the threshold. He had two cups of coffee in his hand. He smiled when he noticed her gaze on him.