25

The silence was making the atmosphere heavier with its presence. Whatever uncle said I'd definitely need a whole life to register all his words in my brain. Prophecy? Mates? Offspring? How did he even remember all of this?

"H-how come we never knew about this prophecy..?"

Jin's voice echoed in the room. Others were still silent. I don't remember checking their reactions or expressions. But I'm quite sure they had the same ones as me, shocked and confused.

"This is to be known to high authorities only, the close ones that too. Dongbaek was one of them"

Uncle explained. I thought time would make everything simpler and easier to understand but guess I was wrong.

"Wait..Dongbaek..you mean the ex leader of Vera Libertas who was executed because of human companionship?"

Yoongi's words surprised him, that's what I could understand after seeing his frown. All of these were still quite incomprehensible to me. I didn't dare to look at others' faces. My headache was already getting worse.

"Dongbaek.. Dongbaek was executed..?"

Sorrow dripped from uncle's voice. His beloved was executed because of getting closer to him..That meant it could have happened to Jungkook as well. He would have actually died because of getting closer to me.

Jungkook must have noticed my uneven breathing suddenly and sat down beside me to hold my hand. I couldn't read his expressions; a mixture of assurance and fear perhaps? And maybe confusion too.

The gloomy silence was broken by Jimin. He was still near uncle's knees, I saw tear stains on his cheeks and a bit of red on his face.

"Why..why didn't you..tell any of this to me? You've been suffering all alone..."

He demanded answers from uncle, however it was more of a reality check to himself. It definitely sounded like that. And my answer.. it was closer than I thought it to be yet it became impossible for me to find it.

"Jimin..my child.."

He started with a hoarse voice and for a moment I saw sparkling in Jimin's eyes. Uncle remembered him.

"I've been through this partial memory loss several times after she left..... never in my worst nightmare I thought it'd be serious like this.. I'm so sorry.."

Jimin immediately went up and hugged uncle.

"It's okay uncle.. it's not your fault"

His voice was slow and steady.

"..They found me..but instead of killing me.. they just tried to erase my memory.. they were definitely King Jiahéng's men..you can't kill someone abruptly on Earth, then the killer would disappear..but Dongbaek..they haunted her down.."

Jimin's hands were still on uncle's shoulder, trying to calm him down and console him.

"I only have this left as a piece of her.."

I saw uncle taking out a pendant under his shirt. It was not something fancy but I've never seen something like this before. If you observe it carefully then you can see the out of the world essence in it.