Chapter 10

When he was put  into the box i heard someone yell. 

          "Sanderson!" 

          I knew that voice. I was honestly hoping it wasn't him. But the second I turned to look who it was. I saw him, and he was trying to pick a fight with Sanderson, like the hot-headed idiot he is. 

          "I want a piece of you Sanderson! You're mine! Oh, you think it's funny?!" Dean yelled. 

          Dean stupidly tried  to climb into the penalty box and beat him up, but 2 officials pulled him off the side of the box. 

--------------- Time Skip ---------------

We got totally demolished by the Iceland team. 12-1 was the score. It was the worst game I've ever played, and I know I could've done better than that, and I definitely could've done better for the team. 

----- Dean's POV -----

          When the game ended and I  was heading back to the locker room to meet back up with the team, I saw on of the Iceland guys. I recognized him, that was the guy who hurt Emery. 

          "Yo! What's your deal man!" 

          "Huh?" 

          The Iceland guy turned around and I shoved him. He shoved  back and I punched him in the nose. We got into a really bad fist fight. I'd say I was winning but we were both getting pretty beat up. The fight got broken up when our teammates heard us fighting and separated us. It took three Iceland guys and five of the ducks to pull us apart and stop the fight. 

----- Emery's POV -----

           I was one of the five ducks who ran out of the locker room after the game to see what all the commotion was, when I saw Dean fighting with one of the Iceland guys. We immediately pulled Dean off the guy. I was next to Dean, kind of standing Infront of him 

           "Dean stop!" I shouted at him, making him look at me. 

          When he looked at me his gaze softened and he snapped out of his fit of rage. He had a busted lip, bloody nose and a bruise forming on his right cheek, just under his eye. The Iceland team got their guy, and we dragged Dean into the locker room. I stayed near Dean's locker with him. 

          "Dean what happened?" I asked concerned for my teammate. 

          "I saw the guy who hurt you, and I went after him."  

          "You're gonna get hurt Dean. Please, don't do that anymore." 

          He just nodded. I went back to my locker once everything calmed down and we were all about to get changed when coach came in and scolded us. 

          "Twelve to one, Twelve, to, one. You know what word comes to mind when you think of that? Hmm? Pathetic! You guys were brought here to play hockey." 

          We started arguing back with coach. 

          "What about you?" Jesse shot back 

          "What about me Jesse?" 

          "Coach Stansson knew everything about us." Julie pointed out 

          "They were completely ready for us." I added to what Julie said.

          "Yeah, and you spend you're time driving around in convertibles and talking to all those sponsor fools." Luis commented 

          "Or hanging with the Iceland lady" Fulton stated 

          "We saw you two Saturday night" I pointed out 

          "Eating ice cream with the enemy huh coach?" 

          Coach tried to defend himself but none of us were having it. 

          "Hey. Hey, what I do is none of your business. Is that clear?" 

          We all went to get changed and head back to the dorms to rest, but coach decided on a "brilliant" idea. 

          "Don't take those pads off. Everyone stay in your gear. We have practice." 

          "Tonight?!" Goldberg stated in disbelief. 

          Coach made us do what felt like a hundred sprints across the ice. When Charlie confronted him saying that he told us hockey was also supposed to be fun and that this isn't fun, Coach made us do twenty more sprints, like he was trying to kill us. That practice didn't end until 1am, and we were all exhausted. The us ride back to the dorms was dead silent, not a word was said by anyone. I was sitting by myself with my black sabbath baseball at on, tilted over my face, with my headphones on over it, on full blast. When we were almost at the dorms I heard Dean start calling my name, so I moved my headphones off my ear so I could actually hear him. 

          "Emery. Emery..."

          "What Dean?" I said tiredly 

          "We're almost at the Dorms" 

          "I know" 

          He raised and eyebrow confused. 

          "I was awake the whole time" 

          "Shit, same. I thought you were sleeping." 

          "I'm so tired" I groaned 

          "So go to sleep when we get back" 

          "I can't." 

          "Why not?" 

          "I feel like I didn't play my full potential and when I do that I need to practice a little, to fix or work on my screw ups." 

          "Emery, you're exhausted, and you got crushed by that Iceland guy"