Chapter 6

"I'm honestly shocked that you and Dean knock heads." Julie commented 

          "Why?" I questioned highly confused, what is she talking about? 

          "I heard him talking with Fulton about working out." 

           "Okay, but he's a show off and can be very rude" 

           "Show off, yes, he can get a bit snarky at times but he seems pretty chill to me."

          Julie tried to convince me that anger issues with a skull bandana was chill. I highly doubt it. Once Connie was picked up and I was back in my dorm I took out the clothes I was going to wear to sleep and my clothes for the plane ride (shorts, a hoodie, and a flowy shirt.) I hopped i the shower, then changed into my pj's which was soft shorts and a soft oversized t-shirt, when I heard a knock at my door. 

          "Who is it?" I asked walking towards the door 

          "Julie" 

I opened the door happy to see Julie. 

         "What's up girl?" 

          "Not much, I'm really bored. I forgot to bring cards or something to do in my free time." 

          "I got cards and a Walkman" 

         "Music and cards?" 

         "Hell yeah!" 

     Me and Julie bonded over cards and music playfully mocking each other's favorite bands/songs. Julie went back to her room around 9:45 after spending the rest of the afternoon with me. I ended up going to sleep by 11 after setting my alarm for 4am. The next morning I woke up to my alarm at 4am to get ready to go for our 6am flight to LA, I woke up Julie and we waited for everyone else to wake up and get on the bus so we could meet the rest of our team at the airport. We finally arrived at the airport at around 5:30. Sadly we didn't get to pick our seats on the plane because coach gave us our "assigned" seats. Yeah some of us switched sets with one another. We got onto a plane specifically for us at around 5:45, and  I  was hoping that maybe Coach put me next to Julie or Connie, but somehow some magical way I ended up next to the most irritating guy on the team. 

           "You have got to be kidding me." I stated angerly 

           "Geez don't be too happy" He scoffed 

        I rolled and grumpily sat next to Portman. How the actual hell did I end up next to this idiot? While I was putting on my headphones, listening to music off my Walkman, with whatever cassette I took out of my bag. After a little while into the flight I noticed Dean staring at my bag. 

          "What?" 

          "What cassettes do you have?" 

          "Is that really what you've been staring at my bag for?" 

          "I was trying to read one of the cases, your bag's open." He stated 

         "Yeah, I know it's open. I did that so I can get the cassettes easier." 

       "Whatcha listening to?" He asked politely, confusing me.

         "Right now, it's Sweet Leaf, by Black Sabbath." 

          "Are you joking" He asked shocked 

           "No, I love Black Sabbath, Sweet Leaf is one of my favorite songs." 

       "Emery are you kidding?! I love rock music! What's your favorite bands?" 

          "Uh, Black Sabbath, AC/DC, Metallica, Guns 'n Roses, stuff like that. You?" 

          "Led Zeppelin, Guns 'n Roses, Aerosmith, Metallica, bands like that I practically live on rock music."

          We laughed about having very similar music taste. I mean I still hate Portman but he ain't got too bad of a taste in music. Adding onto I now know who to go to if I need new songs to listen to.  I wasn't at all aware that I had fallen asleep until I was being woken up by the dingus next to me, tapping my shoulder. 

          "Emery. Emery. Emery Get up." 

           "Huh?" 

          "We're in LA" He said excitedly.

          "What?" 

        I didn't even have a second to actually wake up before being told that we were in LA already. 

          "Okay. Just give me like two seconds" I said trying to keep my eyes open 

           "Seriously" 

           I rubbed my eyes tiredly "Ya just woke me up. Give me two seconds so I can get my crap together." 

          "You were out cold  for an hour or so" 

          "Yeah, so give me two seconds so I can actually wake up. Geez" 

         "Slowpoke" 

          Dean's little comment made me want to punch him in the gut. He really knows how to get on people's nerves. On the way to the dorms, after we got off the plane, I was going to sit by myself on the bus, but Connie asked if she could sit with me. I was a bit confused as to why she wasn't sitting wither Guy who is her boyfriend, but it was fine, I mean she's really nice.