Chapter 2

Tigris and Theo left early the next morning to make it to the Red River pack which was near Atlanta, Georgia. They were eager to get to the bottom of their brother's sour mood and figure out why he let Quinny get away with so much. There had to be a reason, more than just her being his mate.

They pulled up in front of the Red River packhouse and were greeted by Tate's Beta and Gamma, Luca and Wally.

"Alpha Tate is in his office with the Luna." Beta Luca reported, motioning for the twin Alphas to head inside.

They had left Nora behind under the protection of their Betas and Gammas, Danny, Marx, Tristan, and Raven. They weren't sure what to expect from this meeting and they didn't want their Luna anywhere near it.

Theo and Tigris followed the two men through the packhouse. It was a small house which only held the Alpha, Beta, and Gamma families and offices. It had a cozy cottage feeling which was a sharp contrast to the taste they knew Quinny had. They didn't know much about Quinny's father, other than the fact that he didn't have a son to hand down his title to and that he spoiled his daughter rotten. They didn't hold him in very high regards to have created a monster like Quinny.

Beta Luca knocked on Tate's office door and then pushed the door open. Tate was sitting behind his desk.

"Come in." He said without looking up from his laptop.

Tigris and Theo entered the office while Wally and Luca stayed out in the hallway. The door shut behind them, sealing the three brothers inside.

"Go ahead, get on with it." Tate grumbled, finally looking up at the Alphas.

"Tate, what's going on?" Theo sighed, his face softening as he looked at his tiered brother.

"This isn't like you." Tigris agreed.

"You just don't know what I look like when I'm not following you two around." He sneered.

Tigris and Theo exchanged a surprised look.

"What is that supposed to mean?" Theo asked, keeping his voice level.

"You two have always been the golden boys, the future twin Alphas, while I was just the baby brother who followed you around. Now, I'm an Alpha and you don't know what to do. You don't like that I have command of my own." Tate's eyes were tired but his expression was hard, his mouth turned down in a proud frown.

"That's not at all true, Tate. We never saw you in that way. You were going to be our Beta." Theo argued.

"Oh, yes. An Alpha as a Beta, eternally following his big brothers around." Tate scoffed.

"Is this why you let Quinny treat you the way she does? Just so you can stay on as Alpha of her father's pack?" Tigris accused Tate.

"This is my pack!" Tate shouted, slamming his fist down on the top of the desk.

"Tate, is this really worth breaking up your family? Hurting Thea?" Tigris shook his head.

"Thea's made her own choices. She chooses to disrespect my mate and Luna." Tate growled.

"Your mate disrespects everyone. Thea just doesn't take it. You have to see that." Theo narrowed his eyes on Tate, trying to make him see reason.

"Well, Thea's a Luna on her own right now so I guess she can do whatever she wants." Tate snapped, "She's always been the perfect one, anyway."

"You know what Thea has been through, how can you say that?" Tigris was flabbergasted.

"I mean, look at you two. I broke an alliance with our dear sister's new pack and you're both here in her place, handling her problems for her like always." Tate spit hatefully.