Prologue

From "The Archer and her Wolf"

Waiting inside Xaiver's office were Alphas Theo and Tigris along with their younger siblings Timbre and Talia. Thea grinned widely and threw herself at her siblings, hugging them tightly.

"We wanted to make sure that you were okay." Alpha Tigris said. That's when Xaiver noticed that the Alphas' mate, Nora, was here as well, standing behind the Alphas.

"You didn't have to come all the way out here. I just saw you all yesterday." Thea frowned but her mate could tell that she was beyond thrilled to have them here.

"It's not that far, Thea." Theo chuckled, ruffling Thea's hair. She swatted at him and made an irritated noise.

"Everything okay here?" Tigris asked, eyeing Xaiver suspiciously from behind Thea.

"Well, I think so." Xaiver said with a shrug and Tigris' eyes narrowed on me,

"Everything's fine, Tigris, simmer down." Thea laughed before turning her attention to the younger ones, "And what are you two doing here?" She asked Talia and Timbre.

"We wanted to see you!" Talia squealed, latching on to Thea's waist. She knelt down and kissed the top of Talia's head, squeezing her tightly,

"I'm glad you came." Thea smiled, "What about you, Timbre?" She grabbed her brother's hand and pulled him towards her for a hug.

At thirteen, Timbre was nearly a fully grown wolf and stood almost as tall as Thea. He stiffly returned Thea's hug, but his facial expression changed just enough for Xaiver to know that he enjoyed his sister's affection.

"I guess." Timbre shrugged, agreeing with Talia.

"Mom, Dad, and Papa also wanted us to come to make sure everything was okay. Something about it being the Alpha's duty to ensure a smooth transition for our members from one pack to another, but I think they really just wanted to check in on you." Tigris chuckled, lazily wrapping his arm around Nora's waist.

"Well, either way, I meant what I said before. You are all welcome in our pack anytime." Xaiver assured the Greyback children.

"Thanks again for that, Xaiver." Tigris nodded once at me.

"Then there's Tate." Theo grumbled,

"What about him?" Thea asked, her tone changing.

"I'm sure it's Quinny, but.....the Red River pack has sent a formal letter of communication." Theo looked like he wanted to be anywhere but here. Thea stepped away from her younger siblings.

"Communication about what?" She asked carefully.

Theo glanced at Tigris who was cowering behind their mate. Nora glared at him and shot Theo a comforting smile.

"Theo, just say it." Thea sighed, looking irritated. Xaiver stepped up beside his mate and brushed his hand against her arm.

"A formal declaration ending an alliance." Theo said,

"Tate ended Red River's alliance with Satin Moon?" Thea gasped but Theo shook his head.

He pulled an envelope out of his pocket and handed it off to Xaiver. He took it curiously, opening the letter and scanning its contents. He held it out for Thea.

"Red River is ending their alliance with us." Xaiver said and Thea's eyes went wide.

"You're not serious?" She snatched the letter from Xaiver's hand and quickly read it, "What an idiot." She growled but Xaiver saw the pain hidden away in her eyes.