A Strange New Rider

Heather's P.O.V
"All right everyone. We just need to get the bare necessities from berk before we go back to the edge." I said looking at fishlegs, who had two full baskets of rocks for meatlug to enjoy. "What? The granite from here has a nicer finish, and trust me you want the nicer finish." Fishlegs said while hugging his dragon.
I rolled my eyes and continued to make sure everyone had everything they needed for the next month or so on the edge. Snotlout was somehow being sassed by hookfang, the twins were bludgeoning each other over the head and Astrid was getting gobber to sharpen her axe. Things seemed to be going normally that nothing could be wrong at the moment, that was, until my dad Stoick marched over with a look in his eyes that said he was not messing around with anyone today.
As he marched over, he began to look more and more wary of both windshear and I. He stopped in front of all of the riders. I now could see that behind him was bucket and mulch also looking very worried about the situation.
"Which one of you has been raiding our fishing boats this morning?" Dad said in an eerily calm voice. We all denied that claim because we had been gathering supplies all morning.
"Why? What happend to all the fishing boats?" Chimed in Astrid. "You know what, I'll just let bucket and mulch explain what happened They are the ones that witnessed it after all." With those words, mulch began telling the story.
"We were just fishing right, catching you know... Fish." He said trying to oversimplify for the twins."As we were fishing, bucket started to poke me while looking at some of the other ships. Grabbing the spy glass from him, I saw something that chilled me to the bone." He stopped talking.
" Well, what was it? You got our attention now finish that dam story!" Ruff said impatiently. The yelling seemed to snap mulch out of his thoughts so he continued.
"I saw a dragon rider destroying the boats. That wasn't the scary thing though. It was the dragon he was riding." At this point mulch looked as though he was going to pass out, but, he continued.
" The dragon he was riding was one like I've ever seen before. It was pitched black with eyes so green they looked as though a forest was trapped inside them. The dragon also had a fake tail fin and the most destructive fire I've seen to date. The rider had said plasma blast before the attack so I suspect that was the strange fire. The dragon and rider destroyed the ships and took all the supplies, but mainly the metals and fish. Bucket and I fled before he could attack us but the ruins are still out in the water to investigate." As mulch finished his story we all looked at each other knowing what to do next.

Snotlout's P.O.V
"You know, this isn't so bad when you look past all the bright purple hyper destructive fire." I said calmly as I panicked internally.
I saw the twins mutter something and snicker while looking at me. I glared at them, but that just made them laugh more. I flew closer to one of the wrecked ships and got off hookfang.
Looking around at the boat, it became more and more clear that the dragon had been very strong and very aggressive. There were scratches on the remaining half of the mast as well as little purple flames that seem to have not been able to go out.

No one's P.O.V
As snotlout took in the massive damage, fishlegs and heather were already trying to find out what dragon it was. Then, it struck him. "Hey Heather, what if I could somehow contain the little bits of fire left?" Fishlegs said while deep in thought. Without waiting for an answer, he whipped out a jar with holes poked in the top.
He gathered some of the now scrap wood, and let the fire slowly climb onto it. once the wood was lit, he put it into the jar and closed the lid. "Can you just hurry up so we can get off this freaky ship!" snotlout exclaimed in a terrified yet snarky tone. The rest of the group rolled their eyes, hopped on their dragons and made their way back to Berk.

-Time skip to Berk- Heather's P.O.V As we landed on Berk, Fishlegs and I ran towards the great hall, dragon Eye in hand. Once we got in there we had bucket give us whatever descriptions he had on the dragon before he ran away screaming. I have to admit, snotlout is not a bad artist. we pinned the sketch up next to where we were going to shine the dragon eye, just to see if we got any matches.

-Fishlegs' P.O.V-
     I got out the jar of fire. to my surprise, it hadn't even shrunk in the half an hour it had been in the jar. Astrid had already put the dragon eye in a projecting position. I took out a flaming piece of wood from the jar and put it in front of the dragon eye. What I saw was incredible. The eye had projected the information of a dragon, a nightfury it said. The picture on the projection looked almost exactly like the sketch from earlier, so I continued to look at the details. "it's called a nightfury." I said to the gang. The moment I said this the twins practically lit up.

-Tuffnut's P.O.V-
      The moment my eyes laid upon it, I knew I was in love. The nightfury. Only known in the Thorston legends, he was the most deadly of dragons. Only problem is I didn't know what he did. "Hey. Can anyone tell me what this dragon actually does?" I watched fishlegs try to decipher the ancient languages. "It shoots highly destructive plasma blasts." "What about the the other stuff." I say ready to praise Loki for our good fortune. "It also uses echo location to find and attack the enemy. It has superior intellect. It extremally fast and can retract it's teeth for a faster digestion of prey. Oh, it can also turn invisible at night which is perfect for ambush." At this point I was about to run out with Ruff to find the strange rider and his dragon. Mainly so we could see what the dragon could do but also to see why it hadn't killed the rider yet.

-Heather's P.O.V.-
      "where do you guys think you're going?" I said to twins who were trying, and failing, to leave without us noticing. "We were uh... Getting some fish for our... dragons, yeah our dragons!" said the obviously lying twins. "Look, we'll start looking for the mysterious new rider tomorrow, but first we should all get some sleep soo good bye, don't kill anyone and good night to you all" I said as I headed to bed.

-unknown's P.O.V.- 
       "Hey dag, we're back!" I exclaimed as I walked into our camp. My brother sat by the fire while sharpening his axe. His dragon, Sleuther sat happily beside him while eating a large piece of fish that had caught earlier today. "Did anyone see you this time?" my brother asked curiously. "Only two fishermen, but they probably told the crew of dragon riders of what we did already. And before you say anything, it was intentional. Y'see, I have a plan to get our sister back on our side and if they find me, things will finally start falling into place for us." As I said this, I watched his face turn from concerned, to angry, to an evil grin in mere seconds. "Brother, I'm sure I've said this before but you are a genius." with that they brothers laughed a seemingly maniacal laugh that could chill anyone to the bone by just hearing a single note.

And a few islands away, a sneeze was heard, for someone was talking about her.

________________________________________________________________________________

What did you guys think of the first chapter? I'll be updating whenever I can! Hope you enjoyed 1366 words