VIII. BREAK MY STRIDE

𝗰𝗵𝗮𝗽𝘁𝗲𝗿 𝗲𝗶𝗴𝗵𝘁 𝗯𝗿𝗲𝗮𝗸 𝗺𝘆 𝘀𝘁𝗿𝗶𝗱𝗲 (𝗺𝗮𝘁𝘁𝗵𝗲𝘄 𝘄𝗶𝗹𝗱𝗲𝗿)

❝ 𝙰𝚒𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗' 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎
𝙽𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚜𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗, 𝚘𝚑 𝚗𝚘
𝙸 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐
𝙰𝚒𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗' 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎
𝙸'𝚖 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚒𝚗𝚐 𝚊𝚗𝚍 𝙸 𝚠𝚘𝚗'𝚝 𝚝𝚘𝚞𝚌𝚑 𝚐𝚛𝚘𝚞𝚗𝚍
𝙾𝚑 𝚗𝚘, 𝙸 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐 ❞

❝ 𝙰𝚒𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗' 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚝𝚘 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎𝙽𝚘𝚋𝚘𝚍𝚢 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚜𝚕𝚘𝚠 𝚖𝚎 𝚍𝚘𝚠𝚗, 𝚘𝚑 𝚗𝚘𝙸 𝚐𝚘𝚝 𝚝𝚘 𝚔𝚎𝚎𝚙 𝚘𝚗 𝚖𝚘𝚟𝚒𝚗𝚐𝙰𝚒𝚗'𝚝 𝚗𝚘𝚝𝚑𝚒𝚗' 𝚐𝚘𝚗𝚗𝚊 𝚋𝚛𝚎𝚊𝚔 𝚖𝚢 𝚜𝚝𝚛𝚒𝚍𝚎𝙸'𝚖 𝚛𝚞𝚗𝚗𝚒...

When the drones lined up in front of the watchtower, Nave gulped as she shifted her weight from one leg to another. Rocket was up on the control panel and was clicking random buttons at the speed of light, as it seemed, with the device made out of the guard's handband at the ready to use somewhere. He even pulled out some wires from the inside to attach it to it.

Naverrie looked up when she felt a presence behind her, only to realize that Drax was inside with them as well. She raised her eyebrows, slightly suprised, but she switched her gaze to Gamora in case to see her reaction. She noticed him just now as well and frowned with annoyance.

"Spare me your foul gaze, woman," Drax growled.

Gamora glared at Quill. "Why is this one here?"

"I promised him he could stay by your side until he kills your boss," he said carelessly. "I always keep my promises, when they're to muscle-bound whack-jobs who will kill me if I don't." He put the prosthetic leg down on the control panel next to Rocket. "Here you go."

"I was just kidding about the leg. I just need these two things," Rocket exclaimed.

"What?" Quill quizzed and gave him a nasty look.

"No, I thought it'd be funny." Rocket turned to him with a smirk on his face, pausing whatever he was doing. "Was it funny? Wait, what did he look like hopping around?" He laughed at the thought of it, but no one but him reacted.

"I had to transfer him 30,000 units!"

"How are we going to leave?" Gamora asked impatiently.

"Well, he's got a plan. Right? Or is that another thing you made up?" Quill questioned stressedly.

"I have a plan! I have a plan!"

Rocket went back to what he was doing, assuring them that he's got things under control.

"Cease your yammering and relieve us from this irksome confinement," Drax said. Nave frowned and raised a brow at him. That was a very unusual choice of words, especially for a criminal. Naverrie herself was never met with a language complicated like this.