Chapter 9: Stolas the caregiver Pt 2

Start from the beginning

Tilla sighs. "Promise me that you will not antagonize your father."

Blitzo nods. "I promise." He lies.

Tilla nods back. "Alright, I'll go check on your sister, are you going to be alright?" She asks.

"I'll be fine, it's not gonna take long." Blitzo says.

"Alright, goodnight darling." Tilla says before kissing her son's cheek.

"Night, mom." He says. Blitzo waits until his mom is really gone before walking inside the tent.

His father was busy, counting money and shit, the one thing he actually loved was money. He didn't really care about his wife or kids, nothing they did ever made him proud. It was never enough for him.

"Blitzo? What the fuck do you want?" His father asks, suddenly noticing the teen.

"It was me..." Blitzo confessed.

"Huh?"

"I was the one who cheated on the godamn test, alright? Happy?" Blitzo asks.

Cash was happy, he smiled slyly at his son with raised eyebrows as if he actually accomplished something. "Oh yeah? Why did you cheat?" He asks, standing up and circling the smaller imp.

"Why do you think?" Blitzo asks.

"So you are a little then?" Cash chuckles. "What a shame. I was hoping it would be a kid I could actually be proud of." Cash says. "But I suppose you'll have to be enough."

"Listen, I'm the one who funded this fucking circus after you sold me to that stupid prince!" Blitzo raised his voice. "And I've been making plenty with your 'special' clients."

"I don't know why you feel the need to bring it up all the time!" Cash scoffs. "We brought you back, just like we always do!"

"The point is, do you really want to be stuck with me? Deal with caseworkers and shit forever?! They won't leave you alone long enough to hide what you've been having me do. And, I'm telling you now, if you send any caseworkers here, I'll make sure they know about all the shit that happens around here, including stealing from that owl prince and pimping me off while you overwork Fizz and Barb." Blitzo threatens, moving closer to his father in his attempt to be intimidating.

"You'd do that to your own family- to your mother?!" Cash asks spitefully.

"The guilt trip and threats won't work on me this time, pops; I'm fucking serious." Blitzo says, standing his ground. "You did this to your family, not me."

"Then you'll be in shit too, taken to some fucking adoption center to waste away, you fucking moron!" Cash explains. "No one will want you!"

Blitzo shrugs. "It's better than jail with you, right?" He asks. "How about this: I don't retake the test, and no one needs to make any drastic decisions or ruin a perfectly horrible family business, alright?" He suggests.

Cash sighs. "Fine, I won't make you take the second test; but don't think for one second that if you cause me any more trouble I'll just let you. I can always find a trafficker to sell you to." His father got frightening close to Blitzo. "Because, see, they don't really care what your results are. They'll take you anyway." He cornered Blitzo to the wall of their tent, his threatening dark tone bright shivers down Blitzø's spine.

"Trust me, I wouldn't expect anything different from you." Blitzo says, glaring daggers at his father, he tries to keep his breathing under control, Cash can't know how scared he was.

"Good, it's important you know who's mercy you're under." Cash says, grabbing Blitzo by his collar. "I've done everything I can to take care of you kids, and none of you have ever shown me any kind of respect, especially you! You will start showing me the respect I deserve, and you're going to be working harder from now on, pleasing anyone I put in front of you with no trouble. Got that, buster?" His father asks.