Episode 7: Knock, Knock, Knockin' on Hooty's Door

Eda liked having Luz, King, and Varian at the Owl House but that also meant more chores for Eda to do. She started making a to do list for the day such as getting Luz a new coat, checking King for fleas, and getting Varian new potion vials. Luz and King were training for the Gland Prix in order to win a chance to appear on TV. This was King's way of getting a message to his dad. Eda thought that King was going to be leaving her just like Luz and Varian. It wasn't until she bumped into the new Head Bard and ex-lover, Raine Whispers and their students.

They have been rescuing wild witches from being placed in covens as the Bards Against the Throne, AKA the BATS. Eda decided to help them out as a distraction from King saying that he wanted to leave. She and Raine reconnected and slowly her feelings for them returned. However, during the Gland Prix, Eda had gotten a call from Raine about a raid happening. Turns out, it was a trap set by head witches Eberwolf and Darius. Raine discovers that Eda's curse warps magic, so they use it to take out Eberwolf and Darius.

But it backfires when Raine sees the picture of herself with Varian, Luz, and King. They didn't want Eda to just leave them. Darius captured Raine while Eda got away, Raine told her that they can handle Darius and Eberwolf. When Eda returned to the Gland Prix, Luz and King placed in fourth place. Eda used her scroll to live stream King's message, and he finally revealed a surprise for her. He was legally changing his name to King Clawthorne and if Eda signed the paperwork, it would be official. Eda was crying happy tears at the news.

A few days later, Hooty was feeling a little unimportant because Luz and the others went off on adventures. He sent a letter to Lilith explaining his problem but luckily, Lilith wrote him back with an answer. She reminded Hooty that he is the Owl House, he takes care of everyone inside him. Soon he decided to check up on the others, he found Luz, Eda, and King in the living room but no Varian. King's voice was starting to crack when he spoke then he just stormed off. Hooty went over to Eda, and she looked like a hot mess.

She had giant bags under her eyes, her hair was messy, and she was using clothespins to hold her eyelids open. "I'm freakin' out, Hooty. Belos is planning something big, and I'm weaker than a newborn witchling. If I want to protect you guys, I have to train as hard as I can to get strong. No rest!" Eda stated.

"But every time you overwork yourself, you turn into the Owl Beast." Hooty reminded Eda.

She didn't listen to Hooty and left the room with her scrolls and blowing a bullhorn to keep her away. Luz was trying to make the echo mouse happy and trying to get the portal info. She kept the little guy away from Hooty after he swallowed it. Luz also had her heart torn between getting home and making her way into Amity's heart. She let it slip then her face turned bright red before running out of the room. Varian suddenly came out of hiding but he wasn't himself. His eyes looked all red and puffy like he had been crying. Even Ruddiger was worried about him.

"Why so glum, chum?" Hooty asked.

Varian just rolled his eyes and walked away without saying a word. Hooty then came up with a plan to help everyone. He started with King who was trying to figure out what was happening to him. Since Hooty was the only other demon in the Owl House, he knew he could help King out even if King didn't want to accept his help. Hooty owl pellet King and brought him to another part of the house. Hooty explained to King that he was going through Demon Puberty, which in the Demon Realm is a holy test to determine what kind of demon you are.

Hooty went over the demon history and the three categories that demons are put in, Bug, Biped, and Beast. Hooty decided to test if King was a Bug demon just in case. All bug types communicate through dance, King tried a dance, but it ended up sounding offensive to Hooty. Next, they tried to test if King was a Biped demon since they walk on two legs and even have bile sacks like witches. He tried dueling a friend of Hooty's but it backfired, he couldn't cast a single spell.