"So tell me, where are we going?"

"A party I've told you" she replied as she takes another sip of her wine.

"A party I get that but knowing you what's the occasion?"

"Knowing me, what does that mean?"

"Don't deviate, just go straight to the point and let me know where we are going."

"Fine, don't kill me" Anita drops her glass of wine on the coffee table."it's an exclusive party, I was invited to."

"An exclusive party" I said raising my eyebrows. "You are seriously taking me to that, I thought we were going to a club."

"Yeah a club or you could say a bar but yeah with a party sponsored by a celebrity."

"Anita......... Why?"

"I need a plus one." She looks at me with pleading eyes. I don't even have the strength to argue with her as my excitement has reached a high. "The uber is here so please."

"I'm pretty sure it's not an uber but your manager."

🏀🏀🏀

Coloured lights, a bar with all kinds of liquor, alcohol or spirit, a DJ playing loud music to set the vibe. A stage filled with people dancing,just like a normal club except the fact it has celebrities. Hey, isn't that Kylie Jenner with Timothee Chalamet. Bummer bro. Despite Anita and I being friends since forever and her being invited to these parties, I've never fancied attending them but now I'm regretting that choice cause it's a buzz.

"Wow" I breathed out.

"Right....!!" Anita said being excited. "I told you gonna enjoy this, let's dance!"

Anita dragged me to the dance floor as 16 shots by stefflon don is playing loudly. We belted the lyrics of the song as our bodies moved to the beats. We danced to a couple of other hip hop songs until the DJ decides to switch to slow songs which earned a boo from Anita. I giggled at that; wasn't it moments ago she was dancing to a slow song by tems. We decided to make our way to the bar as the effects champagne we took at my apartment has worn out.

"Four tequila shots pls" Anita shouted to get the attention of the bartender over the loud music. This is our ritual at every party we attend. "Here you go" the bartender responded as he gave us the shots. Anita and I sat on stools as we took the the shots cheered and made a toast. One,two go I count in my head as I drank all of it, the burning sensation hitting my throat. Okay I'm never doing that again. Lord please say amen to that as I know that's the biggest lie.

"So where is the celebrant of the party?" I questioned Anita who is still trying to recover from the shot she took.

"To be honest with you, I don't know who's celebrating. I was invited by someone else."

My jaw dropped as I couldn't believe that.

"Hey, don't be shocked. That how the industry works but before we leave we will definitely know who's celebrating."

I was still stunned by this but what can I say the industry's like that. For anyone wondering, Anita is a model so she gets to come to these events and is used to the absurdity of these events.

Deciding that the shots wasn't enough, I ordered Mai Tai. Anita kept looking over my shoulder, I turned in order to see maybe someone was coming our way. No one so I asked "are you looking for someone?" She snapped out of her stare,"no" a brief answer she gave me while still looking over my shoulder.

"This is about damson again." I say with a smile in my voice. The man my friend could never get out of her brain. She has been pinning over him since her first season modelling where she met him and he was the kindest of persons. Her words not mine.