𝐒𝐨𝐫𝐫𝐨𝐰 𝐢𝐬 𝐭𝐡𝐞 𝐋𝐨𝐧𝐞𝐥𝐢𝐞𝐬𝐭 𝐍𝐮𝐦𝐛𝐞𝐫 𝐈𝐗

Start from the beginning

Mr. Thornhill smiled, showing his perfect white teeth, then proceeded to confess, "To tell you the truth, I've never really fit in anywhere. Too odd for the normies, not odd enough for the outcasts." Saturday frowns in thought. "I thought Nevermore would be different, but there's still a handful of teachers who will barely acknowledge me."

"I act as if I don't care if people dislike me." Saturday replies. He breaks off eye contact with Mr. Thornhill and glances at the floor. "But deep down..." His pitch black pupils meet his teacher's. "I secretly enjoy it." he finishes silkily.

Mr. Thornhill smiles up at this brilliant boy. He stands up from his chair, large pale hand still on the edge of the table. "Never lose that, Saturday."

"Lose what?" he asks cooly.

The man sighs reminiscently. "The ability to not let others define you. It's a gift."

Saturday stares intently at his teacher. "Doesn't always feel that way." he confesses quietly.

"The most interesting plants grow in the shade." his teacher replies cryptically. "And if you ever need anyone to talk to, the door to the conservatory is always open." he adds invitingly as he walks out of the library, stroking Misaki's shoulder with his long fingers as he leaves.

The little maid shivers.

☟☟☟

The skies darken as the bell tolls. A beautiful, mysterious evening was setting in Nevermore.

Bianco ran up the stone steps to the castle like school, wearing a grey t-shirt, navy pants and black runners. He passes by the old gardener, who was sweeping up the fallen leaves.

He stalks through his dormitory, which now had an empty bed, belonging to Rowan, takes off his air pods and iphone, grabs his navy towel, and goes straight to the shower.

As soon as he leaves Saturday stalks in, wearing his black and white striped t-shirt, no sleeve black zip-up jacket, black pants and black and white runners. He also carried a black satchel on his shoulder.

"That purple book has got to be around here somewhere." he briefs Thing as the large, pale hand climbs onto a wooden desk. The boy glances around swiftly. "Start investigating." he orders.

Thing flicks open a sliding, wooden, cupboard door and pokes the books inside it, while Saturday flips open a textbook on the table, finding nothing, he takes out his small blacklight and stalks to Rowan's empty bed, switching off the lights, examining the bare mattress.

Thing pokes more books in the cupboard.

Saturday flashes the blue omitted light under the bed and finds multiple fingerprints. He lifts up a secret trapdoor in the wooden boards and lifts out a bird-like eye mask with multiple feathers surrounding the eyes.

He stands up, further examining the strange mask with his blacklight. "Rowan's full of surprises." he muses expressionlessly.

He turns to leave but halts when he hears two knocks at the door. He quickly ducks under Bianco's bed as the siren steps out of the bathroom, sighing as he puts his towel onto his bed, sporting a baby blue shirt that matches his eyes and grey pants.

He turns on the lights, runs his hand through his short hair and opens the door.

Standing outside was Xaviera, wearing a blue long sleeved shirt that peeked out from her navy hoodie sleeves, and and a medium lengthed green and yellow striped skirt, her brown hair down, looking pensive.

The siren smirks arrogantly as soon as he sees her.

"You're not supposed to be up here." the tall, lean, black boy teases as he pulls the shorter olive eyed artist into his dorm.

"I-" she starts to reply but he cuts her off.

"Good to see you, though." he smirks, closing the tall, espresso door.

"How'd the Housemaster let me through? Did you use your siren powers on him?" the girl questions accusatorially.

"Not while wearing this." he furrows his black eyebrows as he reaches inside his shirt and pulls out a winged, golden bug necklace, on a golden chain.

He sits back on the brown frame of the bed, hands supporting his body.

"Would it kill you to not think the worst of me for once?" asks the boy.

"What do you want, Bianco?" asks Xaviera defensively, standing there, not moving.

"To see how you're doing." he replies calmly.

Saturday and Thing were both stationed under the bed, listening intently.

"I'm sorry about Rowan. I know you guys used to be close." the boy says consolingly.

"Since when did you give a damn about Rowan?" the girl replies stiffly.

"Mmm, you were the one afraid he'd do something to Saturday. Isn't that why you've been following him around like an eager-eyed kitty?" Bianco retorts smoothly. "Or is there something more?" he teases, furrowing his eyebrows.

Bianco gets off the metal bed frame and starts pacing the room, his bare feet making sounds with the wooden floor. "Seriously, what do you see in him?" he asks frustratedly to the stiff girl.

"You suddenly have a thing for tragic goth guys with funeral-parlour fashion sense?" he taunts, moving closer to her.

"Maybe it's because he hasn't tried to manipulate me." she replies curtly.

"I make one mistake, and you can't forgive me. He treats you like crap, and you can't get enough." the boy says, his voice rising slightly.

"Okay why are you so fixated on Saturday?" Xaviera asks defensively. "Because he has a girl that only knows how to follow orders, say "Yes, Master Saturday", "No, Master Saturday", and "I'm sorry Master Saturday"? Because you can't own her like you try to own everything else around this place?"

Saturday furrowed his eyebrows, creating deep lines between his eyes and silently tightened his large, white hand into a fist.

"Because he thinks he's better than everyone else." the tall, black skinned, sky blue eyed boy retorts. "I can't wait to crush Ophelius Hall tomorrow and watch his werewolf roommate crumble." he relishes arrogantly as he stops to stand beside Xaviera.

He smirks. "It's gonna be a Poe Cup finale to remember."

"Yeah I hate to think what you've got planned. Don't think Misaki's gonna fall for you just like that." she mutters, shaking her head, making her shoulder length brown hair wave, not looking at him.

"My games already started." he says menacingly, smirking. "I like to win. And I always get what I want."

Under Bianco's bed, Saturday glances at Thing, then manoeuvres his pupils upwards to glance at the pair.

"Is that so wrong?" Bianco asks softly, arm up against Xaviera's shoulder.

"And you wonder why I broke up with you." replies Xaviera quietly, starring into the siren's sky-blue eyes.

"You used to love my killer instinct." he says softly, deep voice laced with menace.

He hooks a long black finger under Xaviera's pointed chin, lifting it up to meet his sky-blue eyes as he smoothly interlaces his fingers with hers. "We were good together, Xaviera." he reminisces softly. She lowers her eyelids, shifting her gaze away from the handsome boy in front of her.

"Were we?" she frowns as she looks up into his mesmerising eyes. "Is that just how you wanted me to feel?" she asks stiffly.

He sighs softly. "Trust me, Saturday Addams is not the boy of your dreams. He's the stuff of your nightmares." He warns as he pulls away, widening his eyes and whispering the word 'nightmares'.

Xaviera quickly walks out of the dorm as Saturday gives Thing a look, then manoeuvres his eyes to the sound of the closing door.

☟☟☟