"Make sure you girls clean up the mess." The girls didn't answer.

Steve finally joined them. "There's my beautiful family," he said as he took the last step.

He kissed Julia's head while she was feeding Otis. He gently moved Otis' feet.

"What do you girls have there," Steve asked as he kneeled between his two girls.

"Aunty Robin got Nora a drum!" Steve looked at Nora, who was hitting the drum set repeatedly. They were going to get a headache soon.

"Sounds great, Nora."

From the sofa Julia said, "how about we continue to open other presents." She wanted to have a little bit of quiet.

"Mama, you," Nora said, giving the presents she had shaken earlier.

"Thank you Nora." Julia kissed Nora's head before the hyper girl left again.

The box was small and was wrapped messy. She knew it was from Steve. Struggling having her arms occupied, she opened the present and dropped the paper on her lap.

Steve noticed what gift she was opening. "I hope you like it," he told her.

She smiled at him and opened the box.

Inside the box was a silver necklace that had the word mama in cursive. She took the chain out of the box to have a closer look.

She was getting ready to cry

She was getting ready to cry. "Steve, I love it."

He took the necklace and put it on her. He moved her long thin brown hair to the side, getting out of the way.

"Thank you," she said, leaning closer to his face and kissing his cheek.

"You miss," he whispered close to her ear.

With his index finger, he moved her chin and leaned, kissing her on the lips. She kissed him back.

"Gross," Melody said, covering her eyes.

"Eww," Nora said, sticking out her tongue.

"What's gross," Steve asked.

"You and Mama," Melody pointed at them.

"Oh, are you referring to this?" He kissed Julia again.

"Yes!"

"Eww!"

He kissed her repeatedly on her cheeks on her forehead, chin, and lips.

The girls were disgusted with their parents' affection and ran around the living room.

He chased after them. "Who wants kisses?"

"Nora," Melody said. "Mellow," Nora said giggling.

Melody was running faster than her sister leaving her behind closer to her father's embrace.

He picked her up from behind. "I got you," Nora yelled as he kissed her cheek.

He tickled her on her side, and Nora moved like a worm trying to distance herself from her father. "No, no," she said through giggles.

Julia watched as Steve put Nora down and went after Melody.

She yelled so loud she woke up Otis.

He moved his arms around, pouted his lips, creased his eyes, and let out a cry. "It's only your sister, you're alright," Julia said softly. His lips were trembling as Julia tried to soothe her baby.

Julia got up from the sofa and moved around, rocking Otis. The two girls ran around their mother, squealing, trying to get away from their father.

"I'm going to get you." Steve caught his two daughters, wrapping each arm around them.

Nora giggled while Melody tried to get away.

His head was in between them as he held them close. He took turns kissing them on the cheek.

Julia loved her not-so-little family. It filled her heart with so much love seeing her two daughters laughing with Steve. Even though Melody acted as if she didn't want to be hugged or kissed by her father, Julia could tell how much she secretly enjoyed it.

Nora was happy to be involved and play with her father.

Little Otis didn't know what he was getting himself into. Soon he would play with his sisters and chase them around the living room, but for right now, he was content in his mother's arms.