The Girl Inside

There's a small girl who likes to hide under the covers when things get too cold.

She's cheerful, usually, and so very bright. Her voice rings out with laughter and light - but the air gets just a bit too cold, every night.

She's not afraid of the dark, to propose such an idea is preposterous.  No, she's afraid of the darkness that leaves her alone.
The fear of being with just herself is the greatest fear that shes ever known.

But when daylight dawns, and she awakes for a new start, she's happy and cheerful and will work her way into your heart.

If you meet her, you'll love her, everyone always does.

If you love her, you'll leave her, without realizing what you've done.

Alone in the dark doesn't seem like much fun.

So she'll lace up her shoes and she'll search for someone new. She'll make them laugh, help them grow, show them sides to the world that they've never known

And they too will will leave to share what they've been shown.

Alone again she shudders, afraid of herself.

Who's meant to light the way for her, if she's busy doing it for everyone else?

"You're a blessing, truly" she's constantly told

"If I'm such a blessing, why do I find myself so alone?"

But she doesn't stay down, she's far too afraid to be still-

She'll get up once more and climb another hill.

Looking for the one who doesn't need a guide, searching for the person who isn't hurting inside

She's looking for companionship, and her journey must carry on.

Her heart is a rented townhouse, hoping to become somebody's home.