𝐌𝐞𝐝𝐢𝐜𝐚𝐥 𝐑𝐨𝐨𝐦 𝐔𝐧𝐢𝐨𝐧.

I opened up my eyes to bright light shining over my head. It made me squint my eyes again as a sharp pain made my head hurt. A low groan made it's way out of my mouth as my hand reached up to hold my head while my eyes opened up to detect my surroundings. It was our school's medical room. 

I furrowed my eyebrows as I tried to think about what happened. I tried moving and that's when I realized the IV drip on my hand. My curious senses worked at their top gear as I heard someone talking out of the room and tried to make out my situation as well. Not knowing what's happening around me puts me in a more disadvantageous situation I believe. So knowing my surroundings is really important to me. Otherwise my anxiety and phobias haunt me. 

"Oh Sure! It's alright. I'll take care of it. Yes, Mrs. Lim, I'll tell her. Please don't worry and take care of yourself." He spoke while giggling.

My ears perked up when I heard him say 'Mrs. Lim'. He wasn't probably talking to my mom, right? 

He entered the room and the familiar smile greeted me. His hands held my phone and my heartbeat ran fast. 

"How ar-"

"Was it my mom?" I cut him off between his sentence and he looked at me in astonishment.

"How did you..." He trailed off as he cautiously sat besides me on the stool near my bed.

"Tell me if it was my mom or not!" I asked him, going impatient now. 

What could have she said? Was it something important? Does she know about me being in the medical room? What if she does know and got angry? What could she probably talk about with Soobin? Is she coming back sooner than expected? Many random thoughts filled my mind all over again as fear of the unknown took over me.

"Calm down. Relax. First things first- How are you now?" He asked me with worried eyes but I felt a little overwhelmed by the fear as I snapped at him,

"Just tell me already! Was it my mom?! What'd she say!" As soon as I raised my voice a little over him I realized how rude it was of me to act like this. My eyes went wide and my hands covered my mouth while his eyes were left confused to my sudden act. 

"I-I am s-sorry. I d-didn't mean to- I just- I am really sorry, Soobin-ah." When mouth doesn't speak, eyes do. And his eyes told me that he was surprised and hurt. His soft pink lips were in a pout and his deep set eyebrows were furrowed together. I really didn't mean to snap like that but I really wished he'd understand the emergency of my situation. UGH! I always mess up!!

"Soobin, listen. I am really sorry. I just wanted to know whom you were talking to. I should've waited for you. I am so sorry." If he could read eyes, he'd see how sorry I was. I badly wish there was a word better than sorry. 

If you know you did something wrong, you shall sincerely apologize for it. There's nothing wrong in apologizing for you fault. Of course I wish for an apology as well when I feel wronged, so others too deserve an apology if they are wronged. At least I shall make sure I say it when I feel like I wronged someone. 

"It's alright, Yun. It was indeed your mom." My eyes widened as I let the intel sink in. My mind instantly started building up new scenarios about what could she say.

"She told me that she'll be not coming back tomorrow. Something important came up and she has to stay there for another week. She asked me to tell you about that." He spoke monotonously but I could sense his occasional glances over me while I fiddled with my fingers in my lap with my head down. 

"I'll call the nurse." He spoke in the same tone and heaved a sigh as he got back up on his feet. 

He turned his head back down towards me when he felt my grasp over his hand. There was a glassy layer on my eyes which threatened to run down from my cheeks. I don't know why I felt so overwhelmed with everything right now. The fact that my mom wasn't coming back for another week should relieve me but why was I still feeling like wailing. I blinked my eyes vigorously to get rid of the tears and gulped down on the lump in my throat.