𝐀𝐩𝐨𝐥𝐨𝐠𝐢𝐳𝐢𝐧𝐠. (𝐈)

I was sitting on the floor with my books laid out in front of me as I read through them and made my notes about different topics. I feel comfortable while studying on the floor so I just create the mess on the floor. I heard a knock on my door and I knew who was on the other side of the door.

"Come in." I said in a cold and stern voice, still raged over how he pulled me towards him on the bed. The door clicked open in front of me and his tall figure entered the room while his eyes searched for me. "What are you doing here?" I asked, glaring at him with cold eyes while he smiled sheepishly as soon as he laid his eyes on me. 'I am so not melting by his dimples' I told myself. 

"That's my question to ask though. Why are you sitting on the floor?" He said as he seated himself at the corner of my bed beside me. 

"You're blind or what? Can't you see these books laid out in front of me?" I taunted him.

"Can't you see me~" He sang in his melodious voice while looking towards the window. "The rain has stopped now." He spoke quietly in the silence. "I shall go home." He said after fixing his eyes back on me. I just simply shrugged shoulders at his words while concentrating on my notebook and he left a sigh.

"Thank you for having me and feeding me, Ha Yun-ah. I owe you this one." He said as he stood up in front of me while my eyes were fixated on the chemistry's textbook lying in front of me. I didn't say anything and as if he knew I wasn't going to open my mouth at all right now, he started leaving the room, heavy heartedly. 

Hurting someone is the worst thing one can do to another according to my philosophy. And I knew he was feeling upset about me not talking to him like this. And this made me feel guilty about my actions towards him. Making someone sad or upset is what I absolutely hate and that's exactly what I was doing to Soobin right now. He had left my room and I heard him going downstairs with heavy steps. How bad did I hurt him to feel this glum?

"Soobin-ah!" I called out as I too stood up from my place and sprinted out of my room just to find him at the last step of the staircase. He snapped his head towards me when he heard me calling his name again while coming down the staircase. 

"Ha Yun-ah" He breathed out and his voice laced with sorrow.

"Where do you think you are going without having lunch, huh?" I scolded him as I scurried away to the kitchen in front of him. His face showed that the little bunny was confused by my sudden words and actions.

"Yun-ah" He called out as he entered the kitchen while I took out rice to cook. 

"What?" I asked him with as rough tone as I could. "I am really sorry for what I did in the guest room. Can you forgive me?" That's all I wanted to hear from him at the moment. He knew he made a mistake. He also knew that neither his dimples nor sweet words, but a simple apology could melt me.  I smiled at him, "Now that you know what you did wrong, It's fine. But don't even think of doing this ever again, Pabo-ya." I said as I hit his head with my knuckles and then ruffled his hair softly while he got his ear to ear bunny smile back on his face. 

"What are you cooking?" He inquired when I got back to my work. "Kimchi fried rice. Do you like it?" I spoke while concentrating on washing the rice properly. "I like it? I love it! You go and take a seat on the table, I'll show you my cooking skills now." He said as he pushed me towards the chair out of the kitchen, disregarding all my pleads to stay in there before he lights up the kitchen on fire. "Just sit and watch me." 

I sat on the chair anxiously as I watched the boy cook for us behind the counter. He seemed elegant while doing everything. He'd sometimes glance at me for a brief second and then resume his work. A small smile on his face maintained as he knew what he was doing. He was soon done by the help of his swift moves. He sure had an experience with this particular dish.

" I want a fried egg with mine." I said when he started plating up the food. He nodded with a smile and quickly took out an egg from the fridge to make me a fried egg. After getting done with everything, he brought the plates to the table. The aroma of the food filled my senses and I felt digging in as soon as he kept the plates down.

"Enjoy." He said and took a seat across me. We started wolfing down our meals and honestly the dish was even more luscious than it smelled. It made a blast of flavors in my mouth with the first bite I took. It was really amazing and definitely tastier than what I make.

"Do you like it?" He asked me with caution as he saw me taking my time to chew every bite. "It's so damn inviting! I love it!" I exclaimed as I met his eyes for a mere second before shifting my eyes back to the meal in front of me.

Soon we were both done with food and he took dishes back to the sink and washed them too while I sat on the couch playing with my phone. "You done?" I said when I saw him coming to the couch. He nodded as an answer and took a seat besides me with a heavy sigh.

"Thank you for the mouth watering meal, Soobin-ah. I really enjoyed it." I told him as I sincerely wanted to show my gratitude to him. He just smiled at me and shifted his gaze back to the window where he was looking before. 

"Sooo," I tried breaking the silence, "You are leaving to your home now, huh?". He just nodded and I couldn't think of anything else to speak anymore. "You know, right, Ha Yun-ah," He started speaking and I internally thanked him for breaking the awkward silence which was slowly getting louder and louder.

"We have our prom at the end of the next month." He completed and I listened attentively to what he had to say. 

"Do you have someone in sight you'll go with?" I asked him.

"That's my question to ask." He simply smiled and a soft smile appeared to my lips while I rolled my eyes at his remark. "Not yet. Now your turn to spill." I answered simply. 

"Same." He spoke so softly. "Ya Soobin-ah" I called him when a thought hit me like a lightening, "Why do we need someone to pair with anyway when we can just enjoy the food at the prom?!" 

"Ha Yun-ah," He said calmly, eyes not leaving mine, "We can't do that." He uncovered the truth to me and I frowned. Why do we need a date for prom? Shan't the society think about the kids who want to stay alone but still want to enjoy the food served at prom? Such a judgmental society we live in! But how could my brain stop brainstorming if the topic was about food! 

"Soobin-ah," I called him out again from his zoning out session while looking at the window, "Let's go together!" Ain't I smart or what?! I sat excitedly and clasped my hands like a super delighted kid with big doe eyes while he looked at me with utter disbelief on his face. The words didn't seem to settle in his mind. "What is it?" I asked him when he kept on looking at me with an unreadable expression.

"We go together? You mean together as in, a date? A couple at the prom?" He ain't that smart, now is he? "Of course as a date dummy! We go as a date and enjoy the food individually after entering. I go to places for food only anyways." I snickered at him and he looked more uncomfortable now. 

"Listen, we go in as a date, but it's just fake. I get to eat and you get to attend the prom. A win-win for both of us!" I explained to him but maybe he wasn't liking it at all as his face showed more of grimace than the winning excitement. "Lord! What is it!?" 

"Find someone else for you fake date! I'll wait for someone to ask me for a real date first." He spoke in a stern voice. Maybe I hurt his man pride. "Yaa! I did! I found you and I asked you first too! What's the problem?" I whined like a baby when the thought of no chocolaty sweets and no punch with vodka haunted my mind, the aftermath if I didn't get a date to prom.

Soobin just sighed and shook his head. "Who says you asked me first? Ryujin asked me first.". "And so you are going with her?" I retorted. "Let's wait till the prom week and see if we can find dates for ourselves. If we both fail, we'll just go together. Would that be fine?" He spoke with a simple and straight face. I felt like I was being a little too selfish, thinking only about myself and not about him. What if he was waiting for someone to ask him out for prom? Or if he had a girl he liked and wanted to ask her out? I just ruined it. Now if we do end up going together, it'd be really awkward and embarrassing. 

Did I just ruin our beautiful friendship? Did I just lose the only friend I thought I had? But he is so sweet. And he does pay attention to my well being too..Ugh! Why do I need to act like such an idiot at times!? I internally cursed myself for creating this fiddly situation.